Martina Šestáková (née Darmovzalová) (born October 12, 1978 in Valtice) is a Czech triple jumper. She set a personal best jump of 14.18 metres at a national athletics meet in Kladno. She is also a seven-time national triple jump champion (2002–2008), and a member of TJ Lokomotiva Břeclav, under her personal coach Michal Pogány.
|Full name||Martina (Darmovzalová) Šestáková|
|Born||12 October 1978|
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||58 kg (128 lb)|
|Club||TJ Lokomotiva Břeclav|
|Coached by||Michal Pogány|
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||Triple jump: 14.18 m (2009)|
Sestakova represented the Czech Republic at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, where she competed for the women's triple jump. Unfortunately, she did not receive her best mark in the qualifying rounds, after failing to jump at a specific distance in three successive attempts.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Martina Šestáková". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Koncert Škrobákové při kladenské extralize" [Škrobáková wins Kladno extraleague] (in Czech). Czech Athletics Federation. 5 July 2009. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Women's Triple Jump Qualifying Rounds". NBC Olympics. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- Martina Šestáková at World Athletics
- Profile – Czech Athletic Federation (in Czech)
- NBC Olympics Profile
|This biographical article relating to Czech athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|