Marina 101 is a skyscraper in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, located in the Dubai Marina district. Standing 101 stories high and 425 m (1,394 ft) tall, it is the second tallest building in the United Arab Emirates, behind only the Burj Khalifa. As of 2020, Marina 101 is also the 30th-tallest building in the world. Construction began in 2007, with completion initially scheduled for 2014. Despite the construction's completion in 2017, the building remains incomplete after the original developer - Sheffield Holdings Limited - ran out of capital. The building was designed by National Engineering Bureau and construction was by Turkish conglomerate TAV Construction.
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Architectural||425 m (1,394 ft)|
|Top floor||371 m (1,217 ft)|
|Floor count||101, plus 6 basement floors|
|Floor area||120,706 m2 (1,299,269 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||National Engineering Bureau|
Interior Designer: Design Work Portfolio
|Developer||Sheffield Holdings Limited|
|Main contractor||TAV Construction|
The first 33 floors of the skyscraper are designed to host a 5-star Hard Rock hotel with 281 rooms, while the floors from 34 to 100 have residential apartments. Apart from five restaurants in the hotel tower, there are 252 one-bedroom, 204 two-bedroom, and 42 three-bedroom apartments with 6 duplex penthouses from the 97th to the 100th floor. The 101st floor of the skyscraper features a club lounge, restaurant and a Rock Shop merchandise store.
- "Marina 101". CTBUH. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "Marina 101 - The Skyscraper Center". www.skyscrapercenter.com. Retrieved 4 August 2020.
- "Banks take control of 101-storey Dubai Marina tower as owners await possession of flats". gulfnews.com. Retrieved 4 August 2020.
- "Dubai's Marina 101: Lenders look for a new developer to complete city's second tallest skyscraper". The National. Retrieved 4 August 2020.
- Parag Deulgaonkar. "Video: @ 465m high... Marina's tallest tower". Emirates 24-7.
- "UAE ranked 4th globally in terms of skyscrapers". Look up. 7 January 2018. Retrieved 20 January 2018.
- "Sheffield Holdings Limited awards Dhs1.1bn contract for Marina 101 to TAV Construction". AMEinfo. 17 August 2008. Archived from the original on 9 December 2008. Retrieved 23 December 2009.
- "Hard Rock Hotel set to open in Dubai Marina". ArabianBusiness.com. 27 October 2014. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- Parag Deulgaonkar. "World's tallest hotel apartment in Dubai Marina by 2013". Emirates 24-7.
- "Hard Rock Hotel headed to Dubai Marina". The National. 27 October 2014. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marina 101.|