Princess Maria Eleonore of Hesse-Rotenburg
Princess and Landgravine Maria Eleonore of Hesse-Rotenburg (Maria Eleonore Amalia; 25 February 1675 – 27 January 1720) was Landgravine of Hesse-Rotenburg by birth and was the Countess Palatine of Sulzbach by marriage. She is an ancestor of Albrecht, Duke of Bavaria.
|Countess Palatine of Sulzbach|
|Born||25 February 1675|
|Died||27 January 1720 (aged 44)|
|Spouse||Theodore Eustace of Sulzbach|
|Issue||Count Palatine Joseph Charles|
Francisca Christina, Abbess of Essen
Ernestine, Landgravine of Hesse-Rotenburg
John Christian, Count Palatine of Sulzbach
Anne Christine, Princess of Piedmont
|House||House of Hesse|
|Father||William, Landgrave of Hesse-Rotenburg|
|Mother||Maria Anna of Löwenstein-Wertheim|
Maria Eleonore was the second child of William, Landgrave of Hesse-Rotenburg and his wife Countess Maria Anna of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rochefort. She was an older sister of Ernest Leopold of Hesse-Rotenburg, future ruler of her native Hesse-Rotenburg.
Engaged to Theodore Eustace of Sulzbach, the heir of the ruling Count Palatine of Sulzbach Christian Augustus, the couple were married on 9 June 1692 in Lobositz, Bohemia. The couple had some nine children three of which would have further progeny.
She died in Sulzbach at the age of 44.
- Countess Palatine Amalia Auguste Maria Anna of Sulzbach (7 June 1693 – 18 January 1762) died unmarried.
- Count Palatine Joseph Charles of Sulzbach (2 November 1694 – 18 July 1729) married Elisabeth Auguste of Neuburg and had issue.
- Countess Palatine Francisca Christina of Sulzbach (16 May 1696 – 16 July 1776) Abbess of Essen.
- Countess Palatine Ernestine Elizabeth Johanna of Sulzbach (15 May 1697 – 14 April 1775) married William II, Landgrave of Hesse-Wanfried-Rheinfels, no issue.
- Count Palatine John William Philip of Sulzbach (3 June 1698 – 12 April 1699) died in infancy.
- John Christian, Count Palatine of Sulzbach (23 January 1700 – 20 July 1733) married Maria Henriette de La Tour d'Auvergne and had issue; married Eleonore of Hesse-Rotenburg, no issue.
- Countess Palatine Elisabeth Eleonore Auguste of Sulzbach (19 April 1702 – 10 February 1704) died in infancy.
- Countess Palatine Anne Christine of Sulzbach (5 February 1704 – 12 March 1723) married Charles Emmanuel, Prince of Piedmont and had issue.
- Count Palatine Johann Wilhelm August of Sulzbach (21 August 1706 – 28 August 1708) died in infancy.