Ernest Leopold, Landgrave of Hesse-Rotenburg
|Landgrave of Hesse-Rotenburg|
|Born||15 June 1684|
|Died||29 November 1749|
Schloss Rotenburg, Rotenburg
|Spouse||Eleonore of Löwenstein-Wertheim|
|Father||William of Hesse-Rotenburg|
|Mother||Maria Anna of Löwenstein-Wertheim|
He died in Rotenburg in 1749.
Marriage and issueEdit
- Joseph, Hereditary Prince of Hesse-Rotenburg (1705–1744); married Princess Christina of Salm had issue.
- Polyxena of Hesse-Rotenburg, Queen of Sardinia (1706–1735); married Charles Emmanuel III of Sardinia had issue.
- Landgravine Magdalene Leopoldina of Hesse-Rotenburg (1707–1708); died in infancy.
- Wilhelm of Hesse-Rotenburg (1708); died in infancy.
- Sophie of Hesse-Rotenburg (1709–1711); died in infancy.
- Franciscus Alexander of Hesse-Rotenburg (1710–1739); died unmarried.
- Eleonora of Hesse-Rotenburg (1712–1759); married John Christian, Count Palatine of Sulzbach, no issue.
- Landgravine Caroline of Hesse-Rotenburg (1714–1741); married Louis Henri, Duke of Bourbon, and had issue.
- Constantine, Landgrave of Hesse-Rotenburg (1716–1778); his successor.
- Landgravine Christine of Hesse-Rotenburg (1717–1778); married Louis Victor, Prince of Carignan, and had issue.
Through his eldest daughter, his present descendants include the claimant Duke of Parma; the pretending King of the Two Sicilies and the reigning Grand Duke of Luxembourg. His youngest daughter is also an ancestress of the above.
| Landgrave of Hesse-Rotenburg