|Alma mater||University of Teesside, Royal College of Art|
Early life and educationEdit
Reichman was born in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. His father, who is Polish, was a blacksmith, and his family were car fanatics, sparking his interest in industrial design. He graduated from Teesside University in Middlesbrough with a 1st class Honours degree in Industrial Design, and then studied Vehicle Design at the Royal College of Art in London, as the first Land Rover student.
He started his career in 1991 with Rover Cars. In 1995, after Rover's takeover by BMW, he moved to BMW Designworks in California, eventually becoming Senior Designer and leading the design direction of Land Rover future production models, the most significant of which was the 2003 Range Rover (L322). In May 2005, he became Director of Design for Aston Martin.
In 2008, by invitation, he became an assistant professor at the Royal College of Art.
His works include the Aston Martin One-77, the DBS, the Rapide, the 2012 Aston Martin Vanquish, the Aston Martin Vulcan, the Rolls-Royce Phantom VII, the Lincoln MKX Concept and Navicross Concept Cars.
In June 2014, the Aston Martin DP-100 was unveiled, which is a concept car designed for the video game Gran Turismo 6. In 2015 Reichman directed the design of the Aston Martin DB10 concept car, used in the James Bond film Spectre.
Reichman was awarded an honorary doctorate by Teesside University in 2011.
- Bąk, Łukasz (24 December 2010). "Polscy designerzy projektują najbardziej eleganckie samochody świata". Forsal.pl (in Polish).
- Kowalska, Karolina (15 May 2015). "Polish car designers". Poland.pl.
- Harvey, Michael (25 February 2015). "Aston Martin launches the Vulcan". The Telegraph. Archived from the original on 26 February 2015.
- "Marek Reichman – Executive Vice President and Chief Creative Officer, Aston Martin Lagonda" (press release). Aston Martin. Retrieved 30 September 2020.
- Wielicki, Jakub (26 April 2011). "Prawdziwa duma polskiej motoryzacji". Moto.wp.pl (in Polish).
- "Five minutes with ... Marek Reichman". Robb Report Thailand. March–April 2016. Retrieved 25 September 2020.
- "Reichman". Design Council. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- Gibson, Ken (2017). "Aston Martin's Marek Reichman on his Blueprint for Success". Aston Martin magazine. Retrieved 25 September 2020.
- Carter, Melanie (31 May 2005). "Marek Reichman Appointed New Director Of Design For Aston Martin". Carpages.
- "You Ask, Aston Martin Answer: Marek Reichman On Your Questions - Speedhunters". Speedhunters. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- Pollard, Tim (27 June 2014). "Aston Martin DP100 Vision Gran Turismo (2014) unveiled". Car Magazine.
- Philip, Sam (15 October 2015). "Bond special: how 007's amazing Aston Martin DB10 came to be". Top Gear.
|This article about an artist, architect or photographer from England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|