|Full name||Marcel Alejandro Ruiz Suárez|
|Date of birth||26 October 2000|
|Place of birth||Mérida, Yucatán, Mexico|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23:27, 7 April 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 24 September 2018
A product of the youth Querétaro team, he would make his senior debut in Liga MX on 21 July 2018 against Atlas, coming in at the 86th minute for Erbín Trejo, finishing the game in a 0–0 tie. On 22 August 2018, he would score his first goal for the team, winning the game against Club Universidad Nacional 1–0, becoming the youngest scorer of the season at the age of 17. On 31 August 2018, he contributed two assists for Camilo Sanvezzo to score the first two goals against Morelia, winning 4–1.
Style of playEdit
Despite being only 18 years old, Liga MX's Centro de Innovación Tecnológica (Center for Technological Innovation), has shown he has played on the field as a "veteran" player by showing great tranquility and composure on the ball. As of week 14 of the 2018–19 Liga MX season, he has an 83% pass completion and has completed 162 passes on the rival's side of the pitch, being the best in this category for Mexican football.
- As of match played 7 April 2019
- Hernández Téllez, Jesús (19 November 2018). "Marcel Ruiz, nuevo refuerzo de Chivas". Milenio.com. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- "Queretaro's Marcel Ruiz, 17, becomes youngest scorer of Liga MX season". ESPN. 21 August 2018. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
- "El yucateco Marcel Ruiz, a la selección nacional Sub 20". Arrobadeportes.com. 4 September 2018. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
- "Marcel Ruiz cumple 18 años con cifras de jugador veterano". ESPN. 26 October 2018. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- Cañada, Iván (20 September 2018). "Marcel Ruiz, el amante del estilo Iniesta, que sueña con Catar 2022". ESPN. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- Marcel Ruiz at Soccerway