Manushya Mrugam is a 2011 Indian Malayalam-language mystery film written, directed and starring Baburaj. It was produced by his wife Vani Viswanath; the film co-stars Kiran Rathod, Oviya, and Prithviraj Sukumaran. The story is about sexual exploitation of young girls. The film was released on 15 July 2011. It was dubbed and released in Tamil as Police Rajyam(2017) and in Hindi as Police Raaj.
|Produced by||Vani Viswanath|
|Music by||Sayan Anwar|
|Cinematography||K. V. Suresh|
|Edited by||Don Max|
Johny (Baburaj) is a lorry driver with an insatiable sex drive. Married to Lissy (Rathod), he has an eye for a younger girl Sofie (Oviya) who has come to stay with them. He repeatedly tries to goad her to marry him, but she doesn't comply. In a fit of rage, he kills her, kills his wife and kills his eleven-year-old daughter as well with a knife. Crime Branch Officer David (Prithviraj) goes probing into the case and came out with shocking findings on who the true killer was.
- Baburaj as Tipper Johnny
- Kiran as Lissy wife of johny
- Oviya as Sofie
- Prithviraj Sukumaran as Crime Branch S.P David J. Mathew I.P.S.
- Jagathy Sreekumar as The priest Fr. Isaac Chacko
- Kalabhavan Mani as Circle Inspector Rajeev
- Adithya (actor) as Kamal Pasha
- Vijaya Rangaraju as Para Vasu
- Aishwarya (actress) as Charayam Mary
- Indrans as Kapyaar Jackson
- Abu Salim as Prisoner Karim
- Bheeman Raghu as (Song appearance)
- Kollam Thulasi as Jail Superintendent Rasheed
- Harisree Ashokan as Advocate Shamsuddin Valiyaveettil
- Devan (actor) as Olikkal Kochupoulose father of Lissy
- Spadikam George as DYSP George
- Mammukoya as Tea Shop man Anthony
- Majeed as Magistrate
- Charlie Pala as Prosecution Advocate (voice dubbed)
- Kalashala Babu as Andrews Quarry Owner
- Seema wife of Para Vasu
- Ponnamma Babu mother of Lissy
- Kulappulli Leela as helper Thressyamma
- Baby anusree as Jeena daughter of johny
Manushya Mrugam is the second directorial of actor Baburaj, scripted by himself and produced by his wife Vani Viswanath. The film is not related to the 1980 Malayalam film of the same name. Film features music composed by Sayan Anwar, while the lyrics were penned by Vayalar Sarath Chandra Varma.
1. Ashwaroodanaya - Jassie gift
- "Manushya Mrugam (2011) - Malayalam Movie Manushya PkMrugam". Nowrunning.com. 2011. Retrieved 30 May 2018.