This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Guatemala City, Guatemala|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
Life and careerEdit
Marroquin's family moved to Los Angeles, California when he was nine due to the Guatemalan Civil War. After graduating from Alexander Hamilton High School in Los Angeles, he began working at Enterprise Studios as a runner and worked his way up to an engineering position. His professional breakthrough came during a late night session when a producer asked him to do a rough mix. The producer was impressed with Marroquin's work and asked him to mix the entire album.
He won his first Grammy in 2000 for Mary Mary's album, Thankful. In 2004, he received two Grammys for Album of the Year for Kanye West's The College Dropout, and Alicia Keys' The Diary of Alicia Keys. He earned a Grammy for his work on the album Get Lifted by John Legend In 2005, and Battle Studies by John Mayer in 2011. The Grammy Museum, which opened in Los Angeles in December 2008, acknowledged Marroquin's musical achievement with its mixing exhibit. The interactive exhibit allowed players to mix a track under the guidance of Marroquin.
Marroquin partnered with Waves Audio to release a bundle of virtual instrument effects. It was created in collaboration with Marroquin and includes EQ, Delay, Reverb, Tone Shaper, Triple D & Distortion plugins. The plugins have been marketed as personalized hybrid processors inspired by Marroquin's own workflow.
Marroquin resides in Los Angeles, California.
- 1996: Toni Braxton ‘Secrets’ La Face Records (Various Tracks)
- 1996: Seal ‘Don’t Cry’ Sire Records Company
- 1997: 2PAC ‘R U Still Down (Remember Me)’ Jive (Various Tracks)
- 1999: Warren G ‘I Want It All’ Restless Records
- 2000: Mary Mary ‘Thankful’ Colombia
- 2000: Sisqo ‘Unleash The Dragon’ Def Soul (Various Tracks)
- 2000: Pink ‘Cant Take Me Home’ La Face Records (Various Tracks)
- 2001: Alicia Keys ‘Songs In A Minor’ J Records (Various Tracks)
- 2001: Sisqo ‘Return Of The Dragon’ Def Soul (Various Tracks)
- 2002: Mario ‘Mario’ J Records (Various Tracks)
- 2002: Santana ‘Shaman’ Arista (Various Tracks)
- 2003: Alicia Keys ‘The Diary’ J Records
- 2004: Twista ‘Kamikaze’ Atlantic (Various Tracks)
- 2004: John Legend ‘Get Lifted’ Sony BMG
- 2004: Kanye West ‘College Drop Out’ Roc A Fella
- 2005: Faith Evans ‘First Lady’ Capitol Records (Various Tracks)
- 2005: Mariah Carey ‘The Emancipation of Mimi’ Island Def Jam Music Group (Various Tracks)
- 2005: Natasha Bedingfield ‘Unwritten’ BMG UK & Ireland (Various Tracks)
- 2005: Kanye West ‘Late Registration’ Roc A Fella (Various Tracks)
- 2005: Anthony Hamilton ‘Soulife’ Atlantic Records (Various Tracks)
- 2005: Twista ‘The Day After’ Atlantic Records (Various Tracks)
- 2005: Common ‘Be’ Geffen Records (Various Tracks)
- 2006: Janet Jackson ‘Damita Jo’ Toshiba EMI Ltd. (Various Tracks)
- 2006: T.I. ‘King’ Atlantic Records/ Grand Hustle (Various Tracks)
- 2006: Fantasia ‘Fantasia’ J Records (Various Tracks)
- 2006: John Mayer ‘Continuum’ Colombia (Various Tracks)
- 2007: Rihanna ‘Good Girl Gone Bad’ Def Jam Recording (Various Tracks)
- 2007: Kanye West ‘Graduation’ Def Jam (Various Tracks)
- 2007: Alicia Keys ‘As I Am’ J Records
- 2008: Kanye West ‘808’s & Heartbreak’ Def Jam
- 2008: John Legend ‘Evolver’ Sony BMG
- 2008: Los Lonely Boys ‘Forgiven’ Epic Records
- 2008: Brandy ‘Human’ Epic Records (Various Tracks)
- 2008: Jazmine Sullivan ‘Fearless’ J Records
- 2008: Anastacia ‘Heavy Rotation’ Mercury Records
- 2008: Mary Mary ‘Get Up’ Sony BMG
- 2008: Usher ‘Here I Stand’ La Face (Various Tracks)
- 2008 Empire of the Sun 'Walking on a Dream'
- 2010: Miguel 'All I Want Is You' Jive
- 2011: Pitbull ‘International Love’ Planet Pit
- 2012: Imagine Dragons 'Continued Silence EP' Interscope Records
- 2012: Linkin Park 'Living Things' Warner Bros. Records
- 2012: Nelly Furtado 'The Spirit Indestructible' Interscope Records
- 2012: Imagine Dragons 'Night Visions' Interscope Records (Various Tracks)
- 2012: Miguel 'Kaleidoscope Dream' RCA
- 2012: Bruno Mars 'Unorthodox Jukebox' Atlantic Records
- 2013: Tyler, The Creator 'Wolf' Columbia Records (Various Tracks)
- 2014: Enrique Iglesias 'Sex And Love'
- 2014: Sia '1000 Forms Of Fear' RCA
- 2014: Linus Young 'Category 5'
- 2015: Imagine Dragons'Smoke + Mirrors'
- 2015: Raury 'All We Need'
- 2015: X Ambassadors 'VHS'
- 2015: Justin Bieber 'Purpose' (Several tracks)
- 2016: Sia 'This Is Acting' RCA
- 2016: Alessia Cara 'Know It All'
- 2016: Charlie Puth 'Nine Track Mind' Atlantic Records
- 2016: Rihanna 'ANTI'
- 2016: DJ Khaled 'Major Key'
- 2016: Kanye West 'The Life of Pablo' Def Jam (Various Tracks)
- 2016: Machine Gun Kelly and Camila Cabello 'Bad Things'
- 2016: Meghan Trainor 'Thank You'
- 2016: Zayn 'Mind Of Mine'
- 2017: John Mayer 'The Search For Everything' Colombia (Various Tracks)
- 2018: America by Thirty Seconds to Mars (Various Tracks)
- 2018: Camila Cabello 'She Loves Control'
- 2018: Pharrell Williams and Camila Cabello 'Sangria Wine'
- 2019: Jon Bellion Glory Sound Prep
- 2011: Justin Bieber: Never Say Never - Island Def Jam
- 2016: Straight Outta Compton Soundtrack
- 2012: Justin Bieber All Around The World - Island Def Jam