Mark Althavan Andrews (born November 9, 1978), better known by his stage name Sisqó (stylized as SisQó), is an American R&B singer, songwriter, record producer, dancer and actor. He is the lead singer of R&B group Dru Hill, and has also released solo material. Sisqo's successful debut solo album, Unleash the Dragon (1999), included the hit singles "Thong Song" and "Incomplete".
|Birth name||Mark Andrews|
|Born||November 9, 1978|
As a teen Andrews worked at The Fudgery in Baltimore's Inner Harbor with Larry "Jazz" Anthony, James "Woody" Green, and Tamir "Nokio" Ruffin. The quartet would be signed as the group Dru Hill to Island Records in 1996. He lived in the Reservoir Hill neighborhood at 908 Newington Avenue near Druid Hill Park which is where the group got their name.
Andrews graduated from Mergenthaler Vocational-Technical High School in 1994. SisQó's visual trademarks are his hairstyles and flamboyant stage costumes, which were regularly flashier than those of his groupmates. Over his career as a recording artist, both with and without Dru Hill, Sisqó's hairstyles have included a bleached blond Caesar, a platinum Caesar (colored with silver spray paint), blond cornrows, a neon-red dyed Caesar, and a blond Mohawk.
After Woody left Dru Hill in 1999 to pursue a solo career, it was decided that the other members would follow suit and issue their own solo albums. SisQós solo debut, Unleash the Dragon, was released on Def Soul Records in November 1999. Unleash the Dragon sold moderately at first, until the February 2000 release of its second single, the novelty "Thong Song". A runaway hit, "Thong Song" and its follow-up, "Incomplete", were major hits on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, with "Thong Song" making it to number three, and "Incomplete" going to #1. This success resulted in Play Along Toys manufacturing a SisQó a Celebrity doll in 2001.
Conflicts within Dru Hill prevented the group from reuniting as planned in 2000. This is usually attributed to time conflicts during the recording of SisQó's second solo LP. During this period, SisQó branched out into hosting the dance competition program SisQós Shakedown on MTV, and into film, taking on supporting roles in the films Get Over It (2001) with Kirsten Dunst and Snow Dogs (2002) with Cuba Gooding, Jr.. He also starred as a vampire in Sabrina The Teenage Witch (Season 6 Episode 1). Although his second LP, Return of Dragon, released in June 2001, eventually went platinum, its singles "Can I Live" and "Dance for Me" performed far below expectations (apart from in the United Kingdom, where "Dance for Me" became his third top ten hit). By 2002, SisQó reunited with Dru Hill, which released its third LP in late 2002. The LP underperformed, and the group was subsequently released from their recording contract.
In 2010, SisQó was a contestant on the British reality television show Celebrity Big Brother 2010. He was the fifth contestant to be evicted, lasting 20 days.
Dru Hill released its third album, InDRUpendence Day, in 2010 as an independent release through Kedar Entertainment. The group also appeared at this time in the reality show Keith Sweat's Platinum House on BET's sister station Centric.
SisQó continued to tour through the 2010s, both as a member of Dru Hill, and as a solo act. His third solo album, Last Dragon, was released on February 10, 2015. The singles, "A-List" and "L.I.P.s" were released ahead of the album, with the latter reaching number 23 on the US Adult R&B charts, becoming SisQó's first charting US single since 2001's "Can I Live".
In 2018, SisQo released a holiday book for children, titled "SisQo's Perfect Christmas", with creative partner, Tilesha Brown. 
Sisqó (aka Mark Andrews) resides in Maple Grove, Minnesota, a suburb of Minneapolis, with his partner Elizabeth Pham, who has been dating since 2003. In 2014, they both appeared on an episode of Wife Swap. The pair have two children together, a son born in 2012, and a daughter born in 2014. Sisqo married Elizabeth Pham on August 17, 2018, according to US Weekly. His children's godfather is R&B singer K-Ci Hailey. Sisqó has a daughter, born in 1995, from a previous relationship.
with Dru Hill
- 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Sisqó (2006)
Extended Play albums
- Thong Song - Best Of - EP (2013)
- The Last Dragon (2008/2012)
- 2000: MTV Movie Awards (cohosted the MTV Movie Awards Pre-Show) (MTV) (June 3, 2000)
- 2000: Sisqós Shakedown (MTV) (June 22, 2000 – 2000)
- 2000: MTV Cribs (Season 1, Episode 2: Sebastian Bach, Sisqo, Lit)
- 2001: The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (June 28, 2001)
- 2001: Sabrina, the Teenage Witch (episode "Really Big Season Opener", October 5, 2001)
- 2008: Gone Country (CMT)
- 2008: I Love the New Millennium, 7 episodes (VH1)
- 2009: Keith Sweat's Platinum House (with Dru Hill, Peachtree TV, Centric)
- 2010: Celebrity Big Brother 2010 (UK)
- 2013: Celebrity Wife Swap (Season 2, episode 9)
Awards and nominationsEdit
- American Music Awards
- 2001, Favorite Male R&B/Soul Artist: (Nominated)
- 2001, Favorite R&B/Soul Album: Unleash the Dragon (Nominated)
- Billboard Music Awards
- 2000, Male Artist of the Year (Won)
- 2000, Male Hot 100 Singles Artist of the Year (Won)
- 2000, R&B/Hip-Hop Artist of the Year (Won)
- 2000, New R&B/Hip-Hop Artist of the Year (Won)
- 2000, R&B/Hip-Hop Male Artist of the Year (Won)
- 2000, R&B/Hip-Hop Singles Artist of the Year (Won)
- Grammy Awards
- 2001, Best New Artist (Nominated)
- 2001, Best R&B Male Vocal Performance: "Thong Song" (Nominated)
- 2001, Best R&B Song: "Thong Song" (Nominated)
- 2001, Best R&B Album: Unleash the Dragon (Nominated)
- MOBO Awards
- 2001, Best R&B Act: (Nominated)
- 2000, Best Video: "Thong Song" (Nominated)
- 2000, Best R&B Act: (Nominated)
- MTV Video Music Awards
- 2000, Best Hip-Hop Video: "Thong Song" (Won)
- 2000, Best New Artist: "Thong Song" (Nominated)
- 2000, Best Dance Video: "Thong Song" (Nominated)
- 2000, Best Video from a Film: "Thong Song (remix)" w/ Foxy Brown (Nominated)
- 2000, Viewer's Choice: "Thong Song" (Nominated)
- Soul Train Music Awards
- 2001, Favorite Male R&B/Soul Album: Unleash the Dragon (Nominated)
- Teen Choice Awards
- 2000, Choice Male Artist (Won)
- 2000, Choice R&B/Hip-Hop Track: "Thong Song" (Won)
- 2000, Choice Breakout Artist (Nominated)
- 2000, Choice Song of the Summer: "Incomplete" (Nominated)
- Birchmeier, Jason. "Sisqó > Biography". AllMusic.
- "Some hot pursuits keep Sisqo busy". tribunedigital-baltimoresun. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- "Sisqo - Sisqo's birthday". blackhistorydaily.com. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- "Dru Hill (A), 42 - Maple Grove, MN | MyLife.com™ Background Profile". www.mylife.com. Retrieved 2018-07-08.
- "Celebrity Big Brother: profile of all 2010 contestants". telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2009-01-05.
- "About the Fudgery". The Fudgery. Archived from the original on 2015-01-06. Retrieved 2015-11-25.
- "About LovHer". MTV. Retrieved 2015-07-07.
- "Ludacris, Gray, Musiq Bolster 'Rush Hour 2'". Billboard. 29 June 2001. Retrieved 2015-07-07.
- "Gone Country Final Performance: Sisqo - CMT".
- "Bobby Brown Goes Country: 'I Felt It Was Something I Could Conquer'".
- "Has Sisqo Gone Country? These Photos Say YES - Fun Times Guide to Franklin / Nashville TN". 4 November 2007.
- "Sisqo – Cheap Ass Execs Slayed My 'Dragon'".
- "Sisqo's "Thong Song" Remix Gets a Fresh New Video & Surprise: It's Full of Thongs". Highsnobiety. 2017-07-29. Retrieved 2017-07-29.
- Gabler, Jay. "Sisqó lives in Maple Grove: 'No thongs out here!'".
- Newman, Jason. "Sisqo Tells All: Thong Maven Details His Wife-Swapping, Fudge-Slinging Exploits". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Sisqo - Dragon Music (2008) - Free Sisqo Mixtapes @ DatPiff.com | Retrieved: 1/31/2019 
- The Return of the Dragon mixtape by Sisqó, hosted by DJ LETS BRING IT BACK (DJ L.B.I.B.) - 2010 | Retrieved: 1/31/2019 
- 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Sisqó on iTunes | Retrieved: 1/31/2019 
- "Thong Song - Best Of - EP" on iTunes | Retrieved: 1/31/2019
- "MTV Movie Awards". 3 June 2000 – via IMDb.
- "'MTV Movie Awards' Red Carpet". 3 June 2000.
- "Sisqó's Shakedown". 1 January 2000 – via IMDb.
- "'Sisqo's Shakedown' an MTV hit". 7 July 2000.
- "Sisqo performs live on the 'Tonight Show with Jay Leno' at the NBC..."
- "Really Big Season Opener". 5 October 2001 – via IMDb.
- "I Love the New Millennium". 23 June 2008 – via IMDb.
- "Dru Hill & Keith Sweat Have Their Own Reality Show Called Platinum House".
- "Keith Sweat's Platinum House "1 Hour Special"".
- "Sisqo Announces His Debut On Celebrity Big Brother! (Performs Thong)".
- "Household Manual: Sisqo's Family - Celebrity Wife Swap".