Manmani (Happy-Go-Lucky) is a 1947 Hindi social film directed by Sarvottam Badami and produced by Ajit Pictures. It had music composed by Kamal Dasgupta. This was the last film of actress Ragini in pre-partition India before she shifted to Pakistan. The film starred P. Jairaj, Ragini, Sabita Devi, E. Billimoria, Nazir Hussain, Maruti, Amar and Shrinath.
|Directed by||Sarvottam Badami|
|Produced by||Ajit Pictures|
|Music by||Kamal Dasgupta|
The story revolves around the grooming of a young village girl by a wealthy city man due to a bet.
Manohar, a wealthy young man and Shashi, a young city girl are good friends. They argue about who is a bigger spendthrift, man or woman. Manohar decides to prove that it's the female and for that he finds a young village girl Tara, who he decides to use as an experiment. Tara resides in the village with her father, but agrees to go to the city With Manohar to get photographed. In the city she lives with Manohar and he starts grooming her into a perfect lady. She learns the ways and then decides to go to see her father in the village. Manohar has fallen in love with Tara but is unable to tell Shashi, who also loves him. When the villagers taunt Tara for staying alone with a young man in the city, she lets them know that she and Manohar are getting married. She returns to the city with her father, only to find Manohar showing slides of the different stages of development in Tara's grooming to a group of people. Misunderstandings arise only to be sorted out finally when Manohar explains.
|1||Dheere Dheere Aa Tu Is Nadi Me||Hemant Kumar, Kalyani Das|
|2||Beiman Tori Batiya Jadu Bhari||Hemant Kumar,Kalyani Das|
|3||Ishare Ishare Me Duniya Bana Li||Hemant Kumar|
|4||O Tara Ko Chand Banane Wale||Kalyani Das|
|5||O Ghar Ko Chhodne Wale Bata||Kalyani Das|
|6||Sautan Ghar Naa Jaiyo Re||Kalyani Das|
|7||Hans Hans Ke Jiye Ja||Kalyani Das|
|8||Ae Chaman Bata Kyu Hansta Hai||Kalyani Das|
|9||Akeli Mat Jaiyyo Radhe Jamuna Ke Teer||Santosh Sengupta|
- "Manmani". Gomolo.com. Retrieved 8 October 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Ashish Rajadhyaksha; Paul Willemen; Professor of Critical Studies Paul Willemen (10 July 2014). Encyclopedia of Indian Cinema. Routledge. pp. 82–. ISBN 978-1-135-94318-9. Retrieved 8 October 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Manmani". MySwar. Retrieved 8 October 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Ragini". The Rest. Retrieved 8 October 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Manmani". Lyricsbogie. Retrieved 8 October 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Manmani". Alan Goble. Retrieved 8 October 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Manmani". Hindi Geetmala. Retrieved 8 October 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)