Manatí is a Colombian municipality located to the south of the Atlántico department, approximately 44 miles from Barranquilla. It was created in 1639 in a place the natives used to call Mahabana. Its current population according to the latest DANE’s (Colombian National Administrative Department of Statistics) census is 13.456 people.
Municipality and town
View of Manatí
Location of the municipality and town of Manatí in the Department of Atlántico.
|• Mayor||Evaristo Enrique Olivero Pimienta (Liberal Party)|
|• Total||206 km2 (80 sq mi)|
|• Density||93/km2 (240/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Colombia Standard Time)|
- (in Spanish) National Registry of the Civil State: 2007 regional election results
- "Municipalities of Colombia". statoids. Retrieved 26 April 2020.
- "Censo Nacional de Población y Vivienda 2018" (in Spanish). DANE. Retrieved 26 April 2020.
- (in Spanish) Manatí official website
- (in Spanish) Manatí website
- (in Spanish) Gobernacion del Atlantico - Manatí