|Directed by||Satish Kaushik|
|Opening theme||"Malini Iyer" by KK and Sapna Mukherjee|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||184|
|Running time||Approx. 23 minutes|
|Original network||Sahara One|
|Original release||19 January 2004 –|
11 January 2005
The story revolves round the life of a south Indian Tamil brahmin girl, Malini Iyer who marries a Punjabi guy, and now how she manages to bring both the cultures together. The problems arises when Malini moves to Punjab with her husband, where she has to follow different culture and rituals altogether. However, she retains her individuality while she loves the family she is married into. As a woman of values and principles, she takes utmost care in following the customs and rituals of both the sides, South and North.
- "'It is Malini, not Sridevi'". www.rediff.com.
- "Indiantelevision dot com's First Take on Sahara Manoranjan's 'Malini Iyer'". web.archive.org. 21 January 2004.
- "Bharatnatyam on bhangra beat: Malini Iyer". Tribune India. 18 January 2004.
- ""The audiences' response to 'Malini Iyer' will be the ultimate judge" : actor Srideviactor Sridevi". Indian Television Dot Com. 15 August 2004.
- "The Sunday Tribune - Spectrum - Television". www.tribuneindia.com.