This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012)
Ghar Ki Lakshmi Betiyann (The wealth of the house - daughters) (also known as Betiyann) (International Title:Destiny) is a Hindi language television drama-series that aired on Zee TV. It premiered on 25 September 2006 and was directed by director, Rajan Shahi. The serial ended on 27 August 2009. This serial was produced under the banner of Creative Eye Ltd.
|Ghar Ki Lakshmi Betiyann|
|Created by||Creative Eye Limited|
|Directed by||Rajan Shahi|
Sunand Kumar Baranwal
|Starring||Kshitee Jog |
|Music by||Abhijeet Hegdepatil KK|
|Opening theme||"Ghar Ki Lakshmi Betiyann"|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||595|
|Running time||approximately 23 minutes|
|Production company||Creative Eye Limited|
|Original network||Zee TV|
|Original release||September 25, 2006 –|
August 27, 2009
Suryakant Gadodia is married to Savitri and has four daughters - Saraswati, Gauri, Durga, and Lakshmi. He is adamant for a son to continue the family dynasty and inherit the wealth. Savitri’s body cannot bear another pregnancy as it becomes weak due to the consistent births year on year so Suryakant marries Menka, who gives birth to Yuvraj. Suryakant abandons and neglects his daughters and first wife whilst spoiling Yuvraj, who grows up insolent and arrogant.
Menka wishes to have sole rights to the household and wealth and wants to get rid of the daughters as soon as possible by getting them married. She arranges Bhavishya Kapadia, an abusive man, to marry Saraswati. Her childhood lover Kshitij saves her when her husband tries to set her alive, and after a long trial, the sisters win the case. Saraswati becomes pregnant after avenging and revealing Bhavishya’s truth who is imprisoned, and then marries Kshitij.
The youngest, lively Lakshmi is to wed Satyakam, who also helps find clues against Bhavishya, but he dies, leaving her in a state of shock. She later meets Karan, who has come to the Gadodias to avenge his mother, who was actually harassed by Menka's brother Rashek. She marries him, where after she realises his real intentions of revenge, but insists her dad’s innocence to no avail. Karan completes his revenge, leaving Suryakant in mental shock who disappears by falling down a mountain. The family believes he is dead. Laxmi begins to hate Karan at this point as he did not pay need to her when she begged him not to avenge her father. Realising his mistakes, Karan sets on a conquest to find Suryakant alive. He then re-marries Lakshmi after she forgives him, but soon dies thereafter due to acknowledging an ancient family secret which, when exposed, bring shockwaves to the Gadodia family. Soon this secret is revealed, disclosing the fact that Menka deceived the family and gave birth to a daughter instead of a son years before. To the family’s realisation, they seek their long lost daughter only to find she has been sold to a cat-house in Mumbai and is one of the most sought for prostitute at that place. Jhumki soon begins mingling with the family after defaming them, facing her own hurdles in love and marriage due to her past. Her first encounter is unsuccessful, but she soon meets Nikhil.
Yuvraj by now is trapped by another prostitute Kajri, who he disguises as a traditional woman Pavitra to fool his family and marries. He is greedy and rebukes his mother. The sisters find his secret out, and Suryakant disowns Yuvraj. After accepting Yuvraj into the family once again, Yuvraj devises a plan with Kajri to take all the family wealth which becomes a reality. The property is all on his name where he throws everyone out of Gadodia ‘niwas’ and peacefully lives there with Kajri and the cat-house owner Rasili bai. The daughters give back the rightful property to their father. Eventually, Suryakant pays the price for Yuvraj’s mistakes through his demise. Kajri begins to blackmail Yuvraj, at one point, and controls all the family wealth whilst enslaving the family.
As the show ends, Gauri is married to Akash Shah, and Durga marries Bhavishya's lookalike Ranbir Dhawaan, and Saraswati reluctantly accepts the alliance. Laxmi be-weds a mentally disturbed man with a brutal history of violence who soon is cured in Australia. Jhumki who changed her name to Jhanvi marries Nikhil and moves to her husband’s home only to face more patriarchal trouble and female oppression at her in-laws, which is eventually overcome with the daughters proving they are equal to men.
- Rohini Hattangadi / Nayan Bhatt as Gayatri Garodia (Baa)
- Yatin Karyekar as Suryakant Garodia
- Aishwarya Narkar as Savitri Suryakant Garodia
- Tanushree Kaushal as Menka Garodia
- Vikrant Rai / Hemant Thatte as Kshitij Gandhi
- Kshitee Jog as Saraswati Garodia / Saraswati Bhavishya Kapadia / Saraswati Kshitij Gandhi
- Neetha Shetty / Aleeza Khan as Gauri Garodia / Gauri Akash Shah
- Smriti Mohan as Durga Garodia / Durga Ranveer Dhawan
- Twinkle Bajpai / Gunjan Walia as Lakshmi Garodia / Lakshmi Karan Mathur
- Romit Raj as Yuvraj Garodia
- Yuvraj Mehra as Puneet Gandhi
- Yuvraj Malhotra as Karan Mathur
- Manini Mishra as Chanchal
- Kartik Sabharwal as Bhavishya Kapadia / Ranveer Dhawan
- Shishir Sharma / Sai Ballal as Nekchand Kapadia
- Natasha Rana as Dhara Nekchand Kapadia
- Sid Makkar as Satyakam Kapadia
- Chhavi Mittal as Preeti
- Jasveer Kaur as Kajri Bai / Pavitra Yuvraj Garodia
- Gulfam Khan as Rasili Bai
- Nupur Alankar as Halki Bhen
- Suchitra Bandrekar as Phulki Garodia
- Shekhar Shukla as Hasmukh Bhai
- Rajendra Chawla as Rasik Bhai
- Amit Dolawat as Prince / Dev
- Niyati Joshi as Niyati Yuvraj Garodia
- Narayani Shastri as Advocate Damini Verma
- Gaurav Chopra as Advocate Kapil Singhania
- Alka Ashlesha as Mrs. Verma (Damini's Mother)
- Soni Singh as Jhumki Rani / Janvi Garodia / Janvi Nikhil Singhania
- Yash Pandit as Prakash
- Karan Hukku as Nikhil Singhania
- Jatin Shah as Akash Shah
- Mahru Sheikh as Devyani Shah
- Nimai Bali as Suraj Pratap Singh
- "New soap opera goes on air". Tribune India. 27 September 2006.