Maharaja Bir Bikram University (MBB University) is a state university located at Agartala, Tripura, India. It is the first, and as of 2022[update] the only state university in the state of Tripura. The university is named after Bir Bikram Kishore Debbarman, the last ruling maharaja of the princely state of Tripura.
|Motto||Ideas Imagination Innovations|
|Chancellor||Governor of Tripura|
23°49′40″N 91°17′51″E / 23.8278367°N 91.2974241°E
|Language||English, Kokborok, Bengali, Hindi|
The University was established in 2015 by the Government of Tripura through the Maharaja Bir Bikram University Act, 2015 and the foundation stone was laid by the then Governor of Tripura, Tathagata Roy.
The first vice chancellor (VC) was Gautam Kumar Basu. Satyadeo Poddar was appointed VC in December 2019.
The campus of MBB University is situated at Collegetilla, 3 km away from the city centre of Agartala.
MBB University has three affiliated colleges:
- Bir Bikram Memorial College
- Maharaja Bir Bikram College
- Tripura Government Law College
- ^ a b "List of State Universities as on 08.10.2021" (PDF). University Grants Commission. 8 October 2021. Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 October 2021. Retrieved 16 October 2021.
- ^ "Tripura's first state university to be functional soon". United News of India. 2 February 2016. Retrieved 1 August 2017.
- ^ "Maharaja Bir Bikram University Act, 2015" (PDF). Tripura Gazette. Government of Tripura. 16 September 2015. Retrieved 1 August 2017.
- ^ "Vice Chancellor". Maharaja Bir Bikram University. Archived from the original on 21 January 2018. Retrieved 1 August 2017.
- ^ "Satyadeo Poddar appointed as new Vice Chancellor of MBB university". The Northeast Today. 8 December 2019. Retrieved 21 June 2021.
- ^ "Affiliated colleges". mbbuniversity.ac.in. Maharaja Bir Bikram University. Retrieved 31 January 2019.