MTV Live HD
MTV Live HD is an international 24-hour HD music pay television network that is operated by Viacom International Media Networks' subsidiary Viacom International Media Networks (Europe). The channel is available in Europe, Latin America, Oceania, Middle East and North Africa and Asia.
|MTV Live HD|
|Launched||15 September 2008|
|Closed||3 December 2013 (Australia) |
August 2017 (Malaysia)
|Owned by||Viacom International Media Networks (Europe)|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
0.01% (September 2015 , BARB)
|Slogan||Let there be music|
|Formerly called||MTVNHD (2008-2011) (2008–2012 UK)|
|Sister channel(s)||MTV |
|Dish México||Channel 945|
|36,0° East, frequency 12073 L|
|OSN (MENA)||Channel 300 (HD)|
|Cosmote TV |
|Channel 108 (HD)|
Channel 395 (HD)
|Cignal Digital TV|
|Channel 280 (HD)|
|Nova Hellas (Greece)||Channel 606|
|NET (Brazil)||Channel 628|
|Macau Cable TV (Macau)||Channel 449|
|Kbro (Taiwan)||Channel 234 (SD)|
|CHT MOD (Taiwan)||Channel 153 (HD)|
|Singtel TV (Singapore)||Channel 349 (HD)|
|Tele2 Netherlands||Channel 228|
|T-Mobile Netherlands||Channel 215|
|Yelo TV||Watch live (Belgium only)|
|Ziggo GO (Netherlands)||ZiggoGO.tv (Europe only)|
MTV Live HD, the first ever international high definition service dedicated to music, offers a mix of programming from MTV. MTV Live HD is operated by MTVNI's Emerging Markets group, who produce and broadcast the channel from its Warsaw hub. The English-language service also features original and acquired shows, and programming from MTVNI's multi-branded library.
The channel's mix of programming includes shows produced by other international MTV production units in Southern Europe, the UK and Latin America. From the beginning the channels' programming schedules were split into two blocks - MTV HD and Nickelodeon HD, but from October through December 2010 the channel only aired music related programs; it restarted airing Nickelodeon shows at the weekends but earlier in the morning. From July 1, 2011 the channel began to focus primarily on live music programming.
The channel was launched on September 15, 2008 in some parts of Europe as MTVNHD (MTV Networks-High Definition) and in Latin America by the end of 2008. The channel continued to launch in new countries throughout 2010, including Australia where it first became available in standard-definition.
On July 1, 2011, MTVNHD was rebranded as MTV Live HD, with a new logo to match the new logos of all other MTV channels revealed on the same date. However, in the UK and Ireland the channel remained as MTVNHD. In Australia MTVN Live was rebranded as MTV Live.
On April 23, 2012, MTVNHD was rebranded as MTV Live HD in the UK and Ireland, along with the launch of a standard-definition MTV Live.
On April 9, 2013, MTV Live HD ceased broadcasting in France after to the launch of the HD's versions of the French MTV channels.
On October 1, 2013, MTV Live HD and MTV Live revamped the channels logo as part of a global rebrand.
On November 3, 2013, MTV Live and MTV Live HD ceased broadcasting on Foxtel's service in Australia.
On 15 February 2016, the standard-definition MTV Live closed and was replaced by MTV Music +1. On 29 June 2016, MTV Live HD ceased broadcasting on Sky in the United Kingdom, but continues on Virgin Media UK.
The channel is available in a number of countries throughout Europe, Latin America and Asia including:
- Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Estonia, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and the United Kingdom.
- Latin America
- Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
- Indonesia, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Philippines, Singapore, Mainland China and Taiwan.
- Middle East and North Africa
- Lebanon, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, Yemen, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco.
- MTV Live
- This Week's MTV Top 20
- Hot Right Now
- MTV Asks
- Hot Spot
- From The Beginning
- The Ride
- In The Zone
- MTV Crashes
- MTV Unplugged
- MTV World Stage
- MTV Live Vibrations
- V Festival
-  Archived May 24, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- MTVN Lat Am completes regional rejig, C21 Media, 2009-03-19
- "MTV Networks International Launches First Ever Music and Kids International High Definition Service - MTVNHD" (Press release). MTV Networks International. 2008-09-01. Archived from the original on 2011-06-08. Retrieved 2010-10-14.
- "MTV Networks to launch international HD channel". Reuters. 1 September 2008.
- "New logos: MTV international". The Branding Source. 21 June 2011. Archived from the original on 1 July 2011.
- "Revamp for MTV HD". Broadband TV News. 10 February 2012. Archived from the original on 25 February 2013.
- "Summer Channel Changes". Foxtel. Archived from the original on 16 March 2014. Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- MTV grows HD footprint, C21 Media, 14 July 2009, retrieved 1 November 2010
- "MTVN HD brzy v České republice!" (in Czech). Parabola.cz. 2011-03-09. Archived from the original on 2013-10-14. Retrieved 2013-07-12.
- MTVNHD heads to Baltics, C21 Media, 1 February 2010, retrieved 1 November 2010
- "Grilla de Señales CABLE - Tigo Star". star.tigo.com.py. Archived from the original on 28 March 2018. Retrieved 4 May 2018.