M. K. Muneer
M. K. Muneer is an Indian politician, physician, social worker, singer, poet and author from Kerala. He was the Minister for Social Welfare and Panchayat in the last (May 2011 – May 2016) UDF Ministry, headed by Oommen Chandy and represented the Kozhikode South constituency in the legislative assembly. He was also the Minister for Public Works in A K Antony Ministry 3. Muneer is a State secretary of the Indian Union Muslim League and was the Chairman of the Malayalam TV channel Indiavision. He is a known singer and writer, who has written ghazals and books including Fascism and the Sangh Parivar. He is a qualified medical doctor and patron of MCC-THAS-Haemophilia Society.
Muneer is the only son amongst the three children of C. H. Mohammed Koya, veteran Muslim league politician and former Chief Minister of Kerala and Amina. In 2017 March elected to Deputy opposition leader in kerala Legislative Assembly. He did his MBBS in Bangalore Medical college in Karnataka, with a special order by the Government of Kerala post his father's death. He was allowed a transfer to Government Medical College, Kozhikode and eventually completed his course from there. This became a controversy after he questioned the state aid given to a leader from Nationalist Congress Party.
Minister in different ministriesEdit
|No.||Head of the Ministry||Period||Portfolio|
|1||A. K. Antony||2001-2004||public work dept|
|2||Oommen Chandy||2004-06||public work dept|
|3||Oommen Chandy||23 May 2011 – 20 May 2016||panchyath, social welfare|
Kerala Legislative Assembly election, 2016Edit
In the 2016 Kerala Legislative Assembly election, he contested from Kozhikode South, which he had been representing since 2011. He defeated the Indian National League Candidate A. P. Abdul Vahab by a margin of 6,327 votes.
|IUML||M. K. Muneer||49,863||43.13%|
|INL||A. P. Abdul Vahab||43,536||37.66%|
|NOTA||None of the above||788||0.68%|
|SDPI||U. K. Deysi Balasubrahmanyan||593||0.51%|
|Independent||A. P. Abdul Vahab||287||0.25%|
|Independent||A. K. Sajan||227||0.20%|
|Margin of victory||6,327||5.47%|
- "Dr. M.K. Muneer To Host Amrita TV's Sangeetha Samagamam | Kerala Television". Keralatv.in. 1 August 2010. Retrieved 1 July 2011.
- "Kerala / Kannur News : 'CPI(M) pursuing dangerous politics'". The Hindu. 29 March 2009. Archived from the original on 8 November 2012. Retrieved 1 July 2011.
- Irfan (21 September 2007). "CC April 2008". Sabrang.com. Retrieved 1 July 2011.
- "| MCC-THAS-Hemophilia Society |". Pedblood.org. Archived from the original on 27 July 2011. Retrieved 1 July 2011.
- Desk, Web. "കള്ളം പറയലാണോ രാഷ്ട്രീയം? അതും ഈ മരണകാലത്ത്? എ.എ റഹിം". MediaOne News | Latest Malayalam News from MediaOne Tv (in Malayalam). Retrieved 12 June 2020.
- "മുഖം രക്ഷിയ്ക്കാന് പുതിയ വാദവുമായി കെ എം ഷാജി: വെട്ടിലായത് കൂടെയിരുന്ന എം കെ മുനീര്". Deshabhimani (in Malayalam). Retrieved 12 June 2020.
- "2016 Kozhikode South Constituency Assembly Election Results". Indian Crux. Retrieved 24 March 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to M. K. Muneer.|