Love Games (also known as Love Games: Love Dangerously) is a 2016 Indian erotic thriller film directed by Vikram Bhatt and produced by Mukesh Bhatt, Mahesh Bhatt and Bhushan Kumar. The film stars Patralekha, Gaurav Arora and Tara Alisha Berry in the main cast. It was released on 8 April 2016.
|Directed by||Vikram Bhatt|
|Written by||Vikram Bhatt|
|Screenplay by||Vikram Bhatt|
|Story by||Vikram Bhatt|
|Produced by||Mahesh Bhatt|
Tara Alisha Berry
|Music by||Sangeet Haldipur|
|1 hr 54 mins|
|Box office||₹40.4 million|
Ramona Raichand (Patralekha) is an edgy and adventurous woman. Thrill and lust are all she wants in life, and Sam (Gaurav Arora) is her boy-toy. Sam is perpetually depressed and resorts to self-harm for a temporary relief. He tells his psychiatrist,(Rukhsar Rehman) that something was missing in his life, the void of some missing piece in his life, makes him feel no pain, emotionally. Here, he also says, that he believes love is nothing but an excuse of lust. We also get to know that his mother, who had fled with another man, despite loving his father, had done a love-marriage with his father. Thus, he believes all love-stories have a tragic ending.
His friend, Ramona tells him that he does not believe in love, because he has not seen adventures in the way of finding love.
So, the closet couple decides to take their escapades a notch higher by playing Love Games. As per the rules of the game, Ramona and Sam need to find the happiest couple in a page 3 party and then seduce one of them to bed. They meet a successful criminal lawyer Gaurav Asthana (Hiten Tejwani) and his surgeon wife Alisha (Tara Alisha Berry). The wife's vulnerability against her abusive husband only helps Ramona and Sam's plan. However things do no remain a game any more when Sam eventually falls in deep love for Alisha. Ramona's vicious mind isn't willing to let go Sam, and their relationship becomes sour. Ramona's obsession takes the center-stage and Sam becomes the victim.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2020)
|Film score by|
|Released||8 March 2016|
The first song titled "Awargi" was released on 5 March 2016 where as the complete soundtrack consisting of seven tracks was released on 8 March 2016 under T-Series. It also had English songs. It was composed by Sangeet-Siddharth and the lyrics were given by Kausar Munir and Vikram Bhatt.
|1.||"Awargi"||Kausar Munir||Sangeet Haldipur|
|2.||"Love Games"||Kausar Munir||Aanchal Shrivastava||04:22|
|3.||"Mohabbat"||Kausar Munir||Siddharth Haldipur||03:50|
|4.||"Nirvana"||Kausar Munir||Mohan Kannan||04:14|
|5.||"Aye Dil"||Kausar Munir||Sunidhi Chauhan||04:19|
|6.||"Lock Him Up"||Vikram Bhatt||Sonia Saigal|
|7.||"Poison"||Vikram Bhatt||Shon Pinto||02:14|
|Times of India|
|The Indian Express|
The film mostly gained negative reviews from critics. Mohar Basu of Times of India gave the film 2.5 out of 5. He said: "Vikram Bhatt's Love Games tries to be a tempestuous tale about temptations. But his bright concept is far from being well-fleshed out. There were a bunch of interesting ideas which never intertwine with the narrative." Sarita A Tanwar of DNA India said that If you love games, stay away. After watching this one, you wouldn't come close to even board games. She rated the film 1 out of 2. Zee News rated the film with 2.5 stars out of 5. Saibal Chatterjee from NDTV Movies said "Love Games is a Vishesh Films offering. So it does not lack surface gloss. But it simply isn't enough to hide its lack of depth. Best avoided" He rated the film with one and a half star out of five. Shubhra Gupta of The Indian Express gave a half star to the film.
- "Love Games - Movie - Box Office India". www.boxofficeindia.com.
- Hungama, Bollywood. "Love Games Box Office Collection till Now - Bollywood Hungama".
- "Patralekha sizzles in Love Games poster". The Hindu. 3 March 2016. Retrieved 3 March 2016.
- "Raj Kummar Rao calls Patralekha hot in 'Love Games' poster". Times of India. Retrieved 3 March 2016. Someone has yet to explain the bilinguel aspecr \
- "Patralekha and Gaurav starrer Love Games trailer crosses over 4 million hits". deccanchronicle.com. 9 March 2016. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "FIRST SONG FROM 'LOVE GAMES' RELEASED". Bolly Speice. 8 March 2016. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "Raj Kummar Rao calls girlfriend Patralekha hot in 'Love Games' poster". iBN Live. 3 March 2016. Archived from the original on 5 March 2016. Retrieved 3 March 2016.
- Gaikwad, Pramod (3 March 2016). "Love Games trailer: Patralekhaa starrer is all about love, lust and betrayals". The Indian Express. Retrieved 3 March 2016.
- Mohar Basu (8 April 2016). "Love Games Movie Review". Times of India. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- Sarita A Tanwar (8 April 2016). "'Love Games' review: If you love games, stay away". DNA India. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- "Love Games movie review: Dangerously manipulative". Zee News. 8 April 2016. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- Saibal Chatterjee (8 April 2016). "Love Games Movie Review". NDTV Movies. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- Shubhra Gupta (8 April 2016). "Love Games review: All sorts of things crop up in this Vikram Bhatt film". The Indian Express. Retrieved 8 April 2016.