This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
NDTV India logo
|Picture format||4:3 (576i, SDTV)|
|Broadcast area||India and International|
|Sister channel(s)||NDTV 24x7
NDTV Good Times
|Videocon d2h||Channel 305|
|Tata Sky||Channel 506|
|Reliance Digital TV||Channel 409|
|Airtel digital TV||Channel 317|
|Dish TV||Channel 562|
|Sun Direct||Channel 570|
|Asianet Digital||Channel 528|
|Virgin Media (UK)||Channel 836|
|SkyCable/Destiny Cable (Metro Manila, Philippines)||Channel 127|
In 1988, NDTV's producers produced a news and current affairs show ‘The World This Week’ for Doordarshan. The show proved to be immensely popular and NDTV established its image as a credible private news producer. It moved on to become the sole news content provider and producer for India’s first 24-hour news channel, Star News. Then in 2003, they launched two 24-hour news channels—NDTV 24x7 in English and NDTV India in Hindi.
Pathankot terrorist attack coverageEdit
In January 2016, the channel received notice from the Information and Broadcasting ministry over its coverage of the Pathankot terrorist attack for allegedly violating norms. On 4 January 2016, while Indian security forces were still under the counter operations against the terrorist attack committed on 2 January 2016 at the Pathankot Air Force Station, NDTV India's telecast between 1225 and 1231 hours (IST) had allegedly revealed "strategically-sensitive information". On 2 November 2016, the committee set up by ministry ordered blackout of the channel on 9 November 2016 prohibiting "transmission or re-transmission for one day on any platform throughout India". The order also stated that NDTV had revealed strategically-sensitive information related to the positions of ammunitions and armaments at the airbase along with locations of schools and residential areas in the vicinity thus endangering civilian lives. The coverage was deemed in violation to the Cable TV Network Rules, 1994 that prevent live coverage of anti-terrorist operations.
- "NDTV India".
- "NDTV India & NDTV Spice to launch in UK". BizAsia. 14 June 2016. Retrieved 17 June 2016.
- "Prannoy Roy: Executive Co-Chairperson NDTV Group". Retrieved 9 May 2015.
- "Show cause notice to news channel on Pathankot attack coverage". The Economic Times. 27 January 2016.
- Express News Service (4 November 2016). "Take NDTV India off air on November 9 for Pathankot: I&B panel". Indian Express. New Delhi. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "NDTV India ordered to go off air for a day". The Hindu. 4 November 2016. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "NDTV India ordered off air on Nov 9 over coverage of Pathankot attack". Hindustan Times. 3 November 2016. Retrieved 4 November 2016.