The Lithuanian Basketball Federation (Lithuanian: Lietuvos krepšinio federacija), also known as LKF, is a national governing body of basketball in Lithuania. It was founded in 1936, but due to Soviet occupation, the federation disappeared from FIBA. It was reinstated in 1991, following the Independence of Lithuania. In 2011, the famous basketball player, Arvydas Sabonis, was elected as the commissioner of the federation.
|Motto||Mes už Lietuvą (We for Lithuania)|
- Summer Olympic Games
- World Cup
- 2010: 3rd place
- U-19 World Cup
- U-20 European Championship
- U-18 European Championship
- U-16 European Championship
- LKL: premier men's basketball league (founded in 1993)
- NKL: secondary men's basketball league (founded in 2005)
- LKAL: secondary men's basketball league (founded in 1994, disbanded in 2005)
- LMKL: premier women's basketball league (founded in 1994)
- LSKL: student basketball league (founded in 1998)
- MKL: elementary student basketball league (founded in 2001)
- LKVL: veteran basketball league
- Stanislovas Stonkus – served from 1990 until 1994.
- Algimantas Pavilonis – served from 1994 until 2003.
- Vladas Garastas – served from 2003 until 2011.
- Arvydas Sabonis – served from 2011 until 2021.
- Vydas Gedvilas – serving since 2021