List of press release agencies
This is a list of notable press release agencies. A press release is a written or recorded communication directed at members of the news media for the purpose of announcing something ostensibly newsworthy. Public relations is the practice of managing the spread of information between an individual or an organization (such as a business, government agency, or a nonprofit organization) and the public.
Press release agenciesEdit
- ABNewswire - AB Digital, Inc. is a leading press release distribution & newswire company based in Virginia. The website was launched in November 2012 under the ABNewswire banner. Publishing press releases on corporate news, announcements & financial results.
- APO Group – a press release wire distribution service and a leading media relations' consulting firm in Africa and the Middle East, based in Switzerland.
- B2Blogger.com – an international press release agency. It was founded in July 2005 as the first Russian-speaking internet blog about Business-to-business-marketing.
- Business Wire – a company that disseminates full-text press releases from thousands of companies and organizations worldwide to news media, financial markets, disclosure systems, investors, information web sites, databases, bloggers, social networks and other audiences. It is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway.
- CNW Group – a Canadian-based commercial press release service. It operates from regional bureaus in Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal (as CNW Telbec), Calgary and Vancouver.
- CSRWire Canada – a commercial press release service formalized in 2006 and owned by Environmental Communication Options
- CSRWire USA – a press releases and news distribution service specializing in corporate social responsibility, founded in 1999 and based in Springfield, Massachusetts
- GlobeNewswire – an American press release distribution company, headquartered in Los Angeles, California. A NASDAQ OMX Group subsidiary since 2006, it is a newswire distribution network.
- IndieWire – a film industry and review website launched on July 15, 1996. The site was acquired by Snagfilms in July 2008. Indiwire Critic's Poll is an annual poll by Indiewire that recognizes the best in films in a ranking of 10 films on 15 different categories.
- Korea Newswire – a commercial news agency service which distributes press releases to Korean media and internet portals.
- Marketwired – a press release distribution service headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Marketwired was founded in 1993 and incorporated in the U.S in 1999. The company distributes press releases via traditional methods (Associated Press, Bloomberg, etc.) as well as new media methods and other services. Marketwired was acquired by Nasdaq in 2016 and the West Corporation in 2018.
- Pressat – a PR distribution service headquartered in Ancoats, Manchester, United Kingdom. Pressat was founded in 2010. The firm distributes press releases via many mediums including the Press Association, email, news terminal and aggregators.
- PR Newswire – a distributor of press releases based in New York City. The service was created in 1954 to allow companies to electronically send press releases to news organizations, at first using teleprinters. PR Newswire was acquired by Cision in 2016.
- Sovfoto – established in 1932 as the only agency to represent Soviet photojournalism in America. It continues today as a commercial entity Sovfoto/Eastfoto. Collections from its archive are held also at MacLaren Art Centre in Barrie, Canada which in 2001 was donated 23,116 vintage gelatin silver prints dating from 1936 to 1957, while Amhurst University holds the Tass Sovfoto Photograph Collection, 1919–1963, the majority being from 1943–1963.
- Talk to the Press – a press and publicity agency that was founded in 2007 by media expert and former national newspaper journalist Natasha Courtenay-Smith.
- U.S. Newswire – a U.S. national news release wire service established in 1986 and distributes media materials on behalf of a variety of customers, particularly the U.S. government and non-profit agencies. It is based in Washington DC and was acquired from Medialink by PR Newswire on October 1, 2006.
- Press Release Power - Free press release submission and featured global press release distribution service that offers unique video press release distribution service.
- Grunig, James E; Hunt, Todd (1984), Managing Public Relations (6th ed.), Orlando, FL: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich
- "Contact - APO, press release distribution & media relations in Africa & Middle East". www.apo-opa.com. Retrieved 2017-01-11.
- Horgan, Richard (June 13, 2013). "Business Wire Pegs Press Release Costs Increase at 50%". Adweek. Retrieved January 7, 2017.
- Conner, Cheryl (August 28, 2013). "Press Releases Still Matter, But Not For The Reasons You Think". Forbes. Retrieved January 7, 2017.
- Todd Spangler (June 17, 2016). "PR Newswire CEO Bob Gray to Exit as Cision Completes $841 Million Acquisition". Variety. Retrieved August 17, 2016.
- Breakenridge, D.K. (2008). PR 2.0: New Media, New Tools, New Audiences (in German). Pearson Education. pp. 74–75. ISBN 978-0-13-270397-0. Retrieved August 6, 2017.
- "Sovfoto/Eastfoto Agency. (New York).(offers images from Russia, China, Eastern Europe)(Brief Article)", Photo District News, The Nielsen Company, 22 (4): S16(1), 2002-04-01, ISSN 1045-8158
- "Reviews: of leading stock industry source across the country & beyond. (Stock Photography Guide 2003)", Photo District News, The Nielsen Company, 23 (4): S10(13), 2003-04-01, ISSN 1045-8158
- Hadzihasanovi; Wlasenko, O.; Pacific, R.C.; Beveridge, S.; Fraser, S.; MacLaren Art Centre (2007), September 2007: Broken Promises, Soviet Photography in the Age of Stalin : Olexander Wlasenko, Robin Pacific, Sadko Hadz̆ihasanovi, O., MacLaren Art Centre, ISBN 9780973882933
- "Press Release Distribution Site". Issuewire.
- Information Broker. Burwell Enterprises. 1992. p. 20. Retrieved August 6, 2017.
- Library Systems Newsletter. Library Technology Reports, American Library Association. 1998. p. 7. Retrieved August 6, 2017.
- Information Broker. Burwell Enterprises. 1992. pp. 8–12. Retrieved August 6, 2017.