List of Phi Kappa Psi Grand Chapters and Grand Chapter Award winners
Phi Kappa Psi, also called "Phi Psi," is an American collegiate social fraternity founded at Jefferson College in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania on February 19, 1852. There are over a hundred chapters and colonies at accredited four year colleges and universities throughout the United States.
Phi Kappa Psi's first form of government centered on a Grand Chapter. One chapter at a time was designated the Grand Chapter, and it was responsible for governing the national fraternity. This lasted until 1886 when a new constitution changed to the current form of government.
In 1992, Phi Kappa Psi began to award one exceptional chapter with the Grand Chapter Award. Its name is derived from the fraternity's first form of government. This award was initially granted biennially at Grand Arch Councils. 2001 marked the first time that this award was granted in an odd-numbered year, and it has been an annual award ever since.
|1852–1856||Pennsylvania Alpha||Jefferson College|||
|1856–1861||Virginia Alpha||University of Virginia|||
|1861–1866||Pennsylvania Delta||Washington College|||
|1866–1869||Virginia Delta||Bethany College|||
|1869–1875||Pennsylvania Zeta||Dickinson College|||
|1875–1878||Ohio Alpha||Ohio Wesleyan University|||
|1878–1881||Pennsylvania Theta||Lafayette College|||
|1881–1884||District of Columbia Alpha||Columbian College|||
|1884–1886||Pennsylvania Epsilon||Gettysburg College|||
Grand Chapter Award winnersEdit
|1992||Ohio Lambda||Miami University|
|1994||Ohio Lambda||Miami University|
|1996||Indiana Zeta||Butler University|
|1998||Ohio Lambda||Miami University|
|2000||Ohio Theta||Ashland University|
|2001||California Beta||Stanford University|
|2002||Iowa Alpha||University of Iowa|
|2003||Indiana Epsilon||Valparaiso University|
|2004||Kansas Alpha||University of Kansas|
|2005||California Beta||Stanford University|
|2006||New York Theta||Rochester Institute of Technology|
|2007||California Beta||Stanford University|
|2008||Iowa Alpha||University of Iowa|
|2009||Ohio Mu||University of Dayton|||
|2010||California Beta||Stanford University|||
|2011||Ohio Mu||University of Dayton|||
|2012||New Jersey Epsilon||Rowan University|
|2013||New York Theta||Rochester Institute of Technology|
|2014||Indiana Delta||Purdue University|
|2015||Oregon Beta||Oregon State University|
|2016||Iowa Alpha||University of Iowa|
|2017||Pennsylvania Theta||Lafayette College|
|2018||Kansas Alpha||University of Kansas|
- Collinsworth, Shawn (2010). Collinsworth, Shawn (ed.). "The State of the Fraternity: 2008–2009". The Shield of Phi Kappa Psi. Indianapolis: Phi Kappa Psi. 131 (1): 5–11. ISSN 0199-1280. Archived from the original on 2016-03-23.
- Van Cleve 1902, p. 61.
- Van Cleve 1902, p. 64.
- Van Cleve 1902, p. 85.
- Collinsworth, Shawn (2009). "2009 Woodrow Wilson Leadership School award winners" (PDF). Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity. yimg.com. pp. 22–23. Archived from the original (PDF) on November 5, 2012. Retrieved May 9, 2010.
- Collinsworth, Shawn (2009). Collinsworth, Shawn (ed.). "2009 WWLS Recap Phi Psi's Leadership Program Comes to Buffalo". The Shield of Phi Kappa Psi. Indianapolis: Phi Kappa Psi. 130 (2): 21. ISSN 0199-1280.
- Collinsworth, Shawn (2010). Collinsworth, Shawn (ed.). "75th Grand Arch Council". The Shield of Phi Kappa Psi. Indianapolis: Phi Kappa Psi. 131 (4): 44. ISSN 0199-1280.
- "Woodrow Wilson Leadership School and District Council Meetings". Phi Kappa Psi. Phi Kappa Psi. Archived from the original on 2 January 2012. Retrieved 2 January 2012.
- Anson, Jack L.; Marchesani, Robert F. (1991). Baird's Manual of American College Fraternities (20th ed.). Indianapolis: Baird's Manual Foundation, Inc. pp. III 82–85. ISBN 0-9637159-0-9. OCLC 25278937.
- Van Cleve, Charles L. (1902). Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity From Its Foundation In 1852 To Its Fiftieth Anniversary. Philadelphia: Franklin Printing Company. OCLC 2140880.
- Campbell, J. Duncan (1952). The Centennial History of the Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity, 1852–1952. Volume I, 1852–1902. Cleveland: Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity. OCLC 3519106.
|volume=has extra text (help)
- Gorgas, Harry S. (1952). The Centennial History of the Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity, 1852–1952. Volume II, 1902–1952. Cleveland: Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity. OCLC 3519106.
|volume=has extra text (help)
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: |
Phi Kappa Psi