Lingwu (simplified Chinese: 灵武市; traditional Chinese: 靈武市; pinyin: Língwǔ Shì) is a county-level city of Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, Southwest China, it is under the administration of the prefecture-level city of Yinchuan. It is the most important industrial city of Ningxia. Lingwu spans an area of 3,846 square kilometres (1,485 sq mi), and according to the 2010 Chinese Census, Lingwu has a population of 261,677.
灵武市 · لٍ ءُ شِ
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||3,846 km2 (1,485 sq mi)|
|• Density||68/km2 (180/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
During the Warring States period, the area was absorbed into the Qin dynasty under Beidi Commandery. The area was first incorporated into the Han dynasty in 191 BCE by Emperor Hui. In 437 CE, under the Northern Wei, the area was incorporated as Bogulu Town. In 526 CE, Bogulu Town was renamed as Lingzhou. In 756 CE, during the Tang Dynasty, Emperor Suzong fled to Lingzhou during the Anshi Rebellion, where he ascended the throne with the aid of loyal bureaucrats and military supporters, only notifying his father Xuanzong after the fact. Lingzhou became part of the Western Xia in 1038. It was besieged by Genghis Khan in November 1226.
Lingwu's climate is arid, with little precipitation and high levels of sunshine.
Other township-level divisionsEdit
Lingwu also has a significant agricultural sector, with rice, wheat, corn, and jujubes all being grown in the city. The city is well-known for its "Lingwu long jujube" (Chinese: 灵武长枣). This fruit has proven to be one of Ningxia's most popular agricultural products, producing an income of over 10 million yuan per year.
- 灵武市概况地图 [Lingwu Overview]. xzqh.org (in Chinese). 2016-07-19. Archived from the original on 2021-03-31. Retrieved 2021-03-31.
- 灵武市历史沿革 [Lingwu Organizational History]. xzqh.org (in Chinese). 2016-07-19. Archived from the original on 2020-09-28. Retrieved 2021-03-31.
- 灵武概况 [Lingwu Overview] (in Chinese). Lingwu Municipal People's Government. 2021-01-05. Archived from the original on 2021-03-31. Retrieved 2021-03-31.
- 2020年统计用区划代码 [2020 Statistical Division Codes] (in Chinese). National Bureau of Statistics of China. 2020. Archived from the original on 2021-03-31. Retrieved 2021-03-31.
- Liu, Chengjun; Tang, Yi (2006-09-25). 灵武长枣正向规模化、标准化和产业化方向发展 [Lingwu long jujube is developing towards scale, standardization and industrialization] (in Chinese). Ministry of Commerce of the People's Republic of China. Archived from the original on 2012-11-27. Retrieved 2021-03-31.