Liang Rui (Chinese: 梁瑞; born 18 June 1994) is a female Chinese racewalking athlete who competes in the 20 kilometres and 50 kilometres race walk. She was the world record holder for the 50 km walk event and was a gold medalist at the 2018 IAAF World Race Walking Team Championships. In 2019 her record was beaten by Hong Liu with a time of 3:59:15. In the same year, she finished outside the top ten in the IAAF Challenge races in Taicang and La Coruña, and was seventh in a national 50 km meeting.
|Born||18 June 1994|
Min County, China
|Alma mater||Beijing Sport University|
|Height||1.60 m (5 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||50 kg (110 lb)|
Liang competed nationally as a youth and placed third at the Chinese Universities Championships over 5000 m and 10,000 m distances in 2014. She had her breakthrough at senior level in 2016 with a victory over the 20 km walk at the Asian Race Walking Championships, seeing off challenges from Kumiko Okada and Lee Jeong-eun. Her winning margin was over one minute and 1:28:43 hours was a lifetime best for the distance. She competed in Chinese races only in the 2017 season, with highlights including a fourth place finish at the Taicang leg of the IAAF Race Walking Challenge.
She made her debut over 50 km at the 2018 IAAF World Race Walking Team Championships and it proved to be a highly successful move as she won the gold medal in a world record time of 4:04:36 hours, taking over one minute off the previous record set by Inês Henriques. This made her the inaugural 50 km champion in the newly-recognised women's event, and she led the Chinese team of Yin Hang and Ma Faying to the first team championship also. Later that year she won the 50 km title at the Chinese Autumn Race Walking Championships.
|2016||Asian Race Walking Championships||Nomi, Japan||1st||20 km walk||1:28:43|
|2018||World Race Walking Team Championships||Taicang, China||1st||50 km walk||4:04:36|
- Chinese Autumn Race Walking Championships
- 50 km walk: 2018
- 运动员梁瑞“走”出洛阳首个竞走亚洲冠军 . Lyd.com.cn. Retrieved 30 June 2019.
- "Rui LIANG | Profile | iaaf.org". www.iaaf.org. Retrieved 2 July 2019.
- "Marcia dal Mondo – Dettaglio News – 07/05/2018 – Taicang (CHN): Vittorie of Zhang Jun and Lu Xiuzhi in Chinese Grand Prix". www.marciadalmondo.com. Retrieved 2 July 2019.
- "Olympic champion Liu breaks 50km race walk world record: IAAF". CNA. Retrieved 2 July 2019.
- T&fn (17 March 2019). "Early-Year Walk Review". Track & Field News. Retrieved 2 July 2019.
- Rui Liang. IAAF. Retrieved 30 June 2019.
- Gurmeet Singh becomes first Indian to win Asian 20km Race Walk Championships. Times of India (20 March 2016). Retrieved 2019-06-30.
- China’s Liang Rui smashes women’s 50km racewalk world record – at her first attempt. South China Morning Post (5 May 2018). Retrieved 2019-06-30.
- Mulkeen, Jon (5 May 2018). Liang breaks world 50km race walk record at IAAF World Race Walking Team Championships Taicang 2018. IAAF. Retrieved 2019-06-30.