|• Penghulu||Abdul Hamid bin Mumin|
Liang is located in the north of the Belait District, bordering the South China Sea as well as the subdistricts of Telisai in Tutong District to the north-east, Bukit Sawat to the south-east, Labi to the south and Seria to the west.
Liang is a mukim subdivision, the second-level administrative division of Brunei. It is one of the eight mukim or subdistricts of Belait District. As a mukim, Telisai is headed by a penghulu, and is currently held by Abdul Hamid bin Mumin.
Areas and divisionsEdit
- Andulau Forest Reserve
- Lumut Camp
- Lumut National Housing Area 1
- Lumut National Housing Area 2
- Lumut Tersusun
- Sungai Bakong
- Sungai Gana
- Sungai Kang
- Sungai Kuru
- Sungai Lalit
- Sungai Liang
- Sungai Tali
- Sungai Taring
- Skim Tanah Kurnia Rakyat Jati Lumut
However, the Belait District Office, which administers the residential communities in the district, organises Liang into only three villages, namely Kampong Lumut I, Kampong Lumut II and Kampong Sungai Liang, where each village has its own village head (Malay: ketua kampung). Kampong Lumut I and II are considered collectively as the settlement of Lumut, which comprises the subdivisions of Lumut, Lumut Tersusun, Sungai Bakong, Sungai Kuru, Sungai Tali and Sungai Taring, as well as the public housing area of Rancangan Perumahan Negara and the military area Lumut Camp. Meanwhile, the village head of Sungai Liang also oversees the areas of Agis-Agis, Keluyoh, Lilas, Perumpong, Sungai Gana, Sungai Kang, Sungai Lalit and Tunggulian. Andulau Forest Reserve is an unpopulated designated area; it is a forest reserve of Brunei.
- PDF format, belait district - Information Department
- "Direktori Penghulu, Ketua Kampung, dan Ketua Rumah Panjang - All contacts". www.belait.gov.bn. Retrieved 2017-12-22.
- Brunei Darussalam street directory : quick & easy reference maps., Brunei. Juruukur Agung., Brunei Press Sdn. Bhd., Published & printed by Brunei Press Sdn. Bhd., Commercial Printing Services, 2014, ISBN 9789991732411, OCLC 932264901CS1 maint: others (link)
- "Belait District" (PDF). www.information.gov.bn. pp. 8–9. Retrieved 2017-12-22.
|This Brunei location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|