This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2021)
Mukim Seria is a mukim in Belait District, Brunei. It has an area of 169 square kilometres (65 sq mi) with a population of 21,214 in 2016. The mukim encompasses Seria, one of the only two towns in the district. It is home to the oil and gas industry of the country.
|• Total||169 km2 (65 sq mi)|
|• Density||130/km2 (330/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (BNT)|
The mukim is located in the north-west of the Belait District, bordering the South China Sea to the north, Mukim Liang to the east, Mukim Labi to the south-east, Mukim Kuala Balai to the south and Mukim Kuala Belait to the west.
As of 2016 census, the population of Mukim Seria comprised 10,678 males and 10,536 females. The mukim had 4,471 households occupying 4,297 dwellings. Among the population, 18,936 lived in urban areas, while the remainder of 2,278 lived in rural areas.
The following places are located within the mukim:
- Seria Oil Field, the oldest oil field in Brunei
- Anduki Airfield, one of the only two airports in Brunei
- British Forces Brunei camps, existed since the 1960s
- The headquarters of Brunei Shell Petroleum
- Badas Water Treatment Plant, which supplies raw water from the Belait River to the residents in Belait District
- "Population and Housing Census Update Final Report 2016" (PDF). www.deps.gov.bn. Statistics Department. December 2018. Retrieved 27 June 2021.