Les Jumo (a phonetic way of writing Les Jumeaux in French, meaning The Twins) is a French singing and dancing duo with strong African influences formed in 2008 by the twin brothers known as Docta Lova La Friandiz and Linho De Gaucho L'International born on 16 October 1985.
(Linho DeGaucho on left,
Docta Lova on right)
|Genres||Pop, dance, zouk, coupé décalé, kuduro, hip hop, electro, reggaeton|
|Years active||2008 – present|
|Associated acts||Jessy Matador, La Selesao, Mohombi|
In 2005, Jessy Matador created a music and dance group called La Sélésao, which was composed of Matador, Docta Love, Linho and Benkoff.
In late 2007, they signed with Oyas Records before signing with Wagram Records in spring 2008. They released their début single "Décalé Gwada" in June 2008, thus becoming one of the hits of that summer. On 24 November 2008, the group released the album Afrikan New Style, a musical hybrid of African and Caribbean influences with more urban sounds. The style is influenced by zouk, dancehall, reggae, hip hop, coupé-décalé, ndombolo and kuduro. In December 2008, they released their second single "Mini Kawoulé".
As the duo Les JumoEdit
After forming the duo Les Jumo (a phonetic way of writing Les Jumeaux in French, meaning The Twins), they found fame on the dancefloor in the summer of 2009, mixing lively zouk (coupé-décalé) with dancehall, hip hop, reggaeton and electro influences as well as a beat rhythm influenced by Culture Beat. Also known as Les Jumo Selesao, their greatest success was the single "Zoomer", produced by Junior Caldera and promoted further by a dance music video. They have had collaborations with many dance acts including Jessy Matador, Willy William, Mohombi and others.
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Track listing|
|2012||Cartes sur table||—||
- 2008: "Mama Sima"
- 2009: "Zoomer"  (credited as Les Jumo Sélésao, reached #5 in the French Singles Chart)
- 2010: "Boo G". The title is phonetically identical to bouger (move)
- 2010: "C Show" featuring Willy William and Vybrate . The title is a play on words: phonetically identical to C'est chaud (It's hot).
- 2010: "Tok Tok Tok"
- 2011: "Sexy" featuring Mohombi 
- 2012: "Elle me donne chaud" (feat. Maradja) 
- "Les Jumo Selesao – Zoomer – GetMziki - Ultimate Urban African Music Source". Retrieved 6 December 2016.
- Les JUMO SELESAO en show au lagon bleu avec MTV
- Hung, Steffen. "lescharts.com - Les charts français". Retrieved 6 December 2016.