Lemon (2017 film)
Lemon is an American comedy-drama film directed by Janicza Bravo, from a screenplay by Bravo and Brett Gelman. It stars Gelman, Judy Greer, Michael Cera, Shiri Appleby, Fred Melamed, Rhea Perlman, David Paymer, Gillian Jacobs, Jon Daly, Martin Starr, Megan Mullally, Jeff Garlin, Elizabeth De Razzo, Marla Gibbs and Nia Long.
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Janicza Bravo|
|Music by||Heather Christian|
|Edited by||Joi McMillon|
|Distributed by||Magnolia Pictures|
- Brett Gelman as Isaac Lachmann
- Judy Greer as Ramona, Isaac’s girlfriend
- Michael Cera as Alex
- Nia Long as Cleo
- Shiri Appleby as Ruthie
- Fred Melamed as Howard
- Gillian Jacobs as Tracy
- Rhea Perlman as Esther
- Martin Starr as Adam, Isaac’s brother
- Megan Mullally as Simone
- Jeff Garlin as Guy Roach
- Marla Gibbs as Lilly
- Rex Lee as Jazz
- Jon Daly as Toby
- Elizabeth De Razzo as Rosa
- Ashley Silverman as Becca
- Hank Chen as Lee
- David Paymer as Dr. Gold
In August 2016, it was announced Brett Gelman, Judy Greer, Michael Cera, Nia Long, Fred Melamed, Shiri Appleby, Rhea Perlman, David Paymer, Gillian Jacobs, Megan Mullally, Martin Starr, Jeff Garlin and Marla Gibbs would star in the film, with Janicza Bravo directing and executive producing the film from a screenplay she wrote alongside Gelman. Paul Bernon, Sam Slater, David Bernon, Han West, Houston King, Christine Vachon, and David Hinojosa would serve as producers and executive producers, respectively, under their Burn Later Productions and Killer Films banners.
The film had its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival on January 22, 2017. The film also opened the 46th International Film Festival Rotterdam January 25, 2017. It also screened at South by Southwest on March 10, 2017. Shortly after, Magnolia Pictures acquired distribution rights to the film. It was released on August 18, 2017.
- Hipes, Patrick (August 17, 2016). "Brett Gelman-Starring Indie 'Lemon' Wraps; Janicza Bravo's Feature Directorial Debut". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved December 2, 2016.
- McNary, Dave (August 17, 2016). "Michael Cera, Brett Gelman Starring in Dark Comedy 'Lemon'". Variety. Retrieved December 2, 2016.
- Kay, Jeremy (August 17, 2016). "US Briefs: Burn Later Productions, Killer Films cast 'Lemon'". Screen International. Retrieved December 2, 2016.
- "2017 SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL: COMPETITION AND NEXT LINEUP ANNOUNCED". Sundance Film Festival. November 29, 2016. Retrieved December 2, 2016.
- "Printable Film Guide" (PDF). Sundance Film Festival. Retrieved December 13, 2016.
- "IFFR 2017 to open with Lemon". IFFR. 2017-01-06. Retrieved 2017-01-11.
- "Lemon". South by Southwest. Retrieved January 31, 2017.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (March 8, 2017). "SXSW 2017 Lineup: 'Baby Driver', 'Free Fire', 'Muppet Guys Talking' & Docus That Matter In Trump Era". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 8, 2017.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (March 10, 2017). "Janicza Bravo Feature Directorial Debut 'Lemon' Acquired By Magnolia – SXSW". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 10, 2017.
- Crust, Kevin (April 21, 2017). "Every single movie coming out this summer". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- "Lemon (2017)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved February 6, 2017.