Rex Lee (actor)
Lee in 2013
|Born||January 7, 1969|
Warren, Ohio, U.S.
|Alma mater||Oberlin Conservatory of Music|
Lee was born in Warren, Ohio. His parents emigrated from Korea to the United States. He grew up in the states of Massachusetts and California. He graduated from the Oberlin Conservatory of Music in 1990. Although Lee was studying to be a professional pianist, he decided he wanted to act after taking a theater class in college.
Prior to landing the role on Entourage, Lee had various jobs including performing in the children's theater company, Imagination Company, as well as working as a casting assistant. He was the casting director for the TV movie The Cure for a Diseased Life. Lee has also played roles on a variety of TV shows, including Twins, What About Brian and Maurice on two episodes of Zoey 101.
Lee played Lloyd Lee, the gay assistant to Ari Gold, the character played by Jeremy Piven — eventually becoming an agent and interim head of TMA's television department. Lee began his role in the first episode of the show's second season, "The Boys Are Back in Town", which introduced Lloyd as the replacement to Ari's previous assistant. Lee won the award for Outstanding Supporting Actor, Television at the AZN Asian Excellence Awards in 2007 and 2008.
Lee appeared on Fox's Hell's Kitchen during Season 11. He sat at the VIP table in the blue kitchen during one of the show's competitive dinner services. Lee earned this position thanks to his role on Entourage.
Lee had a series regular role in the first two seasons of the ABC sitcom Suburgatory, playing Mr. Wolfe, a clueless high school guidance counselor. He appeared as one of the judges at Nationals in the Fox Television Comedy-Drama Glee in season 3. In 2014, he had a starring role in the ABC Family (later rebranded as Freeform) television sitcom Young & Hungry where he plays Elliot Park, the publicist and "right-hand man" to a young tech entrepreneur named Josh. Young & Hungry ran for five seasons, concluding in 2018.
In 2015, Lee appeared in an episode of Fresh Off the Boat as Jessica Huang's college boyfriend, Oscar Chow. Lee currently plays a talent agent in the 2015 "#ItsThatEasy" celebrity-themed ad campaign for website company Wix.com.
In an interview from 2011, Lee said that he was single and looking for something permanent, but that it was difficult to find the right relationship.
- Santiago, Arabella (December 29, 2006). "Now, That's Entertainment!!!". Asianweek. San Francisco, California. p. 12.
- Gelt, Jessica (April 12, 2007). "Memoirs of a Gaysian: As Lloyd on 'Entourage,' it's all about serving nasty super agent Ari Gold. Off-screen, Rex Lee is master of his 'incredibly strange' domain". Los Angeles Times. p. E26.
- Rex Lee: More Than Just the "Gay" One on TV's Entourage - by Drew Mackie, AfterElton.com, July 24, 2006
- "Letters From Iwo Jima captures outstanding film honors at the 2007 AZN Asian Excellence Awards". Asian Reporter. Portland, Oregon. May 22, 2007. p. 13.
- Tsai, Tina (May 2, 2008). "'Lust, Caution' Wins Outstanding Film Award at Asian Excellence Awards". Asianweek. San Francisco, California. p. 16.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "TV CASTINGS: Rex Lee Joins 'Suburgatory'". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2011-10-05.
- Lubitz, Rachel (March 31, 2015). "TV highlights: Hilary Duff returns to television with TV Land's 'Younger'". The Washington Post. p. C4.
- "Heidi Klum Is Making Men's Underthings in Wix.com Campaign". 13 May 2015.
- "What Businesses Do NFL Stars Start When They Retire?". 27 January 2015.
- "Create Your Free Website - Wix.com". Create Your Free Website - Wix.com.
- Gay Rex Lee Struggles In Love Due To Tough Upbringing - Contact Music
- "Rex Lee". Mahalo.com. Retrieved 23 April 2015.