|Born||1982 (age 37–38)|
Brentwood, Essex, England
Rowe left school at the age of 16 to train as a dancer, attending Laine Theatre Arts. She graduated at the age of 19 with honours in musical theatre. Rowe also studied Drama, and after graduating, chose to pursue a career in acting instead of dance.
Rowe made her film and professional debut at the age of 12, playing Helen Burns in Franco Zeffirelli's Jane Eyre. In 2005 she was chosen by Roman Polanski to play Nancy in his adaptation of Oliver Twist. Her television credits include Boudica, The Famous Five and Where the Heart Is. She also played the lead role of May Moss in the Liverpool-set BBC One drama Lilies.
Rowe made her West End debut in Dirty Dancing: The Classic Story on Stage, playing the lead role of Frances 'Baby' Houseman. In 2009 she appeared in the revival of Victoria Wood's Talent at the Menier Chocolate Factory, playing Julie.
|1996||The Famous Five||Harriet
- Five on Finniston Farm (1996)
|2004||Where the Heart Is||Waitress
- Stormy Weather (2004)
|2007||Lilies||May Moss||TV series|
|2013||Call the Midwife||Ruby Roberts||TV series|
|1996||Jane Eyre||Helen Burns||Feature film|
|2005||Oliver Twist||Nancy||Feature film|
|2008||Dirty Dancing: The Classic Story on Stage||Aldwych Theatre||Frances 'Baby' Houseman||Musical|
|2009||Talent||Menier Chocolate Factory||Julie||Musical / Play|
|2011||Lovesong||Warwick Arts Centre||Margaret||Frantic Assembly|
- "Leanne has the time of her life on stage". This is Total Essex. 25 September 2008. Archived from the original on 5 May 2013. Retrieved 23 July 2009.
- ""Lilies" Press Pack: Leanne Rowe plays May". BBC Press Office. 18 December 2006. Retrieved 23 July 2009.
- Dirty Dancing: The Classic Story on Stage: Cast: Leanne Rowe Archived 3 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 23 July 2009.
- Asbury, Karen (15 January 2009). "Dirty Dancing's Baby talks to Female First". Female First. Retrieved 23 July 2009.
- Bosanquet, Theo (22 July 2009). "Plays Cast: Rowe's Got Talent, Light Leads Paine". What's on Stage. Retrieved 23 July 2009.