Central Financial and Economic Affairs Commission
The Central Financial and Economic Affairs Commission (Chinese: 中央财经委员会; pinyin: Zhōngyāng Cáijīng Wěiyuánhuì), formerly known as the Central Leading Group for Financial and Economic Affairs (Chinese: 中央财经领导小组; pinyin: Zhōngyāng Cáijīng Lǐngdǎo Xiǎozǔ) from 1989–2018, is a commission of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China at the dependence of the CPC Politburo in charge of leading and supervising economic work of both the CPC Central Committee and the State Council. The Commission is headed by CPC General Secretary or Premier of the State Council.
|Type||Supra-ministerial policy coordination and consultation body|
|Headquarters||Huairen Hall, Zhongnanhai|
Chief of General Office
|Central Committee of the Communist Party of China|
|Subsidiaries||General Office of the Leading Group for Financial and Economic Affairs|
The decision to establish this group was taken by the CPC Politburo Standing Committee on March 17, 1980 to replace the State Commission for Economy and Finance, so as to coordinate the work necessary to meet the requirements of Deng Xiaoping's "Reform and Opening Up" policy. It is currently led by General Secretary Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang. The Leading Group coordinates closely with the National Development and Reform Commission. The Commission is considered the highest body for coordination and discussion on issues related to the economy.
In March 2018, the leading group was transformed into the Central Financial and Economic Affairs Commission.
- Xi Jinping, General Secretary of the Communist Party of China, President of the People's Republic of China
- Deputy Leader
- Li Keqiang, Politburo Standing Committee, Premier of the People's Republic of China
- Chief of General Office
- Liu Yunshan, Politburo Standing Committee, Secretary of the Central Secretariat (ranked first)
- Zhang Gaoli, Politburo Standing Committee, Vice-Premier
- Liu Yandong, Politburo, Vice-Premier
- Wang Yang, Politburo, Vice-Premier
- Ma Kai, Politburo, Vice-Premier
- Wang Huning, Politburo, CPC Policy Research Office chief
- Li Zhanshu, Politburo, CPC General Office chief
- Yang Jiechi, State Councilor in charge of Foreign Affairs
- Yang Jing, Secretary-General of the State Council, Secretary of the Central Secretariat
- Zhou Xiaochuan, Governor of the People's Bank of China
- Fang Fenghui, PLA Chief of General Staff
- Xiao Jie, Deputy Secretary-General of the State Council
- Xu Shaoshi, Director of the National Development and Reform Commission
- Miao Wei, Minister of Industry and Information Technology
- Jiang Daming, Minister of Land and Resources
- Chen Lei, Minister of Water Resources
- Wang Yi, Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Wang Zhigang, Deputy Minister of Science and Technology
- Lou Jiwei, Minister of Finance
- Zhou Shengxian, Minister of Environmental Protection
- Yang Chuantang, Minister of Transport
- Wu Xinxiong, Director of the National Energy Administration
- Chen, Zhu Qin (2014-06-19). "习近平主持中央财经领导小组会议，还有谁在座？". Shanghai Oriental Press Co. The Paper. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- Zhao, Yajuan. "解密中央财经领导小组". Eastday.
- "CPC releases plan on deepening reform of Party and state institutions". People's Daily Online. Retrieved 24 March 2018.
- Xu, Dashen. Records of the People's Republic of China (《中华人民共和国实录》). Jilin People's Publishing House, 1994.