This article needs attention from an expert in Serbia.February 2009)(
|Parent house||Nemanjić dynasty|
|Final ruler||Stefan Lazarević|
The dynasty began with Lazar Hrebeljanović, son of Pribac Hrebeljanović-a noble at the court of Dušan the Mighty. Lazar married Milica, supposedly a member of the reigning Nemanjić dynasty, and was later given the title "Knez" by Serbian Emperor Uroš the Weak. He gained lands in Central Serbia and through his ties with the Nemanjićs he became the regent of Moravian Serbia. In the Battle of Kosovo against the Ottoman Empire, Lazar was killed and Serbia became a vassal state, leading to the end of Serbian sovereignty.
Rulers of Moravian Serbia from 1371 to 1427.
- Draginja, who married Kefalija (čelnik) Miša
- Lazar; Lazarevići
- Ratoslava, who married Altoman Vojinović
Lazar married Milica of Nemanja in around 1353 and had at least seven children:
- Mara, married Vuk Branković in around 1371 and died April 12, 1426,
- Stefan Lazarević (c. 1377 - July 19, 1427), prince (1389–1402) and despot (1402–1427), married Jelena, daughter of Francesco II of Lesbos in 1405.
- Vuk, prince, executed on July 6, 1410
- Mara or Dragana, married Ivan Shishman of Bulgaria in around 1386, died before July 1395
- Teodora, married Nicholas II Garay
- Jelena or Jela, married Đurađ Stracimirović, then Sandalj Hranić and died March 1443,
- Olivera Despina (1372 - after 1444), married Ottoman Sultan Bayezid I in 1390
- Mrđenović (1987), p.108
- Ćirković, Sima (2004). The Serbs. Malden: Blackwell Publishing.
- Fine, John Van Antwerp Jr. (1994) . The Late Medieval Balkans: A Critical Survey from the Late Twelfth Century to the Ottoman Conquest. Ann Arbor, Michigan: University of Michigan Press.
- Sedlar, Jean W. (1994). East Central Europe in the Middle Ages, 1000-1500. Seattle: University of Washington Press.
- Veselinović, Andrija & Ljušić, Radoš (2001). Српске династије, Platoneum.
- Fajfrić, Željko. Sveta loza kneza Lazara.
- Marjanović-Dušanić, Smilja. "Dinastija i svetost u doba porodice Lazarević: stari uzori i novi modeli." Zbornik radova Vizantoloskog instituta 43 (2006): 77-97.