Princess Amalie of Hesse-Homburg
Princess and Landgravine Christiane Amalie of Hesse-Homburg, full German name: Christiane Amalie, Landgräfin von Hessen-Homburg (29 June 1774, Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Landgraviate of Hesse-Homburg, Holy Roman Empire – 3 February 1846, Dessau, Duchy of Anhalt-Dessau) was a member of the House of Hesse-Homburg and a Princess and Landgravine of Hesse-Homburg by birth. Through her marriage to Frederick, Hereditary Prince of Anhalt-Dessau, Amalie was also a member of the House of Ascania and Hereditary Princess of Anhalt-Dessau.
|Hereditary Princess of Anhalt-Dessau|
|Born||29 June 1774|
Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Landgraviate of Hesse-Homburg, Holy Roman Empire
|Died||3 February 1846 (aged 71)|
Dessau, Duchy of Anhalt-Dessau
|Spouse||Frederick, Hereditary Prince of Anhalt-Dessau|
|Issue||Auguste, Princess of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt|
Leopold IV, Duke of Anhalt
Prince George Bernhard
Prince Paul Christian
Louise, Landgravine of Hesse-Homburg
Prince Frederick Augustus
Prince William Waldemar
|Father||Frederick V, Landgrave of Hesse-Homburg|
|Mother||Princess Caroline of Hesse-Darmstadt|
Marriage and issueEdit
Amalie married Frederick, Hereditary Prince of Anhalt-Dessau, only surviving child of Leopold III, Duke of Anhalt-Dessau and his wife Margravine Louise Henriette Wilhelmine of Brandenburg-Schwedt, on 12 June 1792 in Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Landgraviate of Hesse-Homburg, Holy Roman Empire. Amalie and Frederick had seven children:
- Amalie Auguste of Anhalt-Dessau (b. Dessau, 18 August 1793 - d. Rudolstadt, 12 June 1854), married on 15 April 1816 to Friedrich Günther, Prince of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt.
- Leopold IV Frederick, Duke of Anhalt-Dessau (b. Dessau, 1 October 1794 - d. Dessau, 22 May 1871); since 1863 Duke of all Anhalt.
- George Bernhard of Anhalt-Dessau (b. Dessau, 21 February 1796 - d. Dresden, 16 October 1865)
- Paul Christian of Anhalt-Dessau (b. Dessau, 22 March 1797 - d. Dessau, 4 May 1797)
- Louise Fredericka of Anhalt-Dessau (b. Dessau, 1 March 1798 - d. Homburg, 11 June 1858), a deaf-mute from birth; married on 12 February 1818 to her maternal uncle Gustav, Landgrave of Hesse-Homburg.
- Frederick Augustus of Anhalt-Dessau (b. Dessau, 23 September 1799 - d. Dessau, 4 December 1864).
- William Waldemar of Anhalt-Dessau (b. Dessau, 29 May 1807 - d. Vienna, 8 October 1864), married morganatically on 9 July 1840 to Emilie Klausnitzer (b. Dessau, 30 January 1812 - d. Vienna, 28 March 1888), created Freifrau von Stolzenberg in 1842.
|Ancestors of Princess Amalie of Hesse-Homburg|