Lancusi is a southern Italian village and hamlet (frazione) of Fisciano, a municipality in the province of Salerno, Campania. With a population of circa 4,000 (2011), it is the most populated settlement of its municipality, including the administrative town.
|Elevation||232 m (761 ft)|
|• Total||4,000 (circa)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Dialing code||(+39) 089|
|Patron saint||St. John the Baptist|
|Saint day||Last sunday of June|
Lancusi spans on a plain, named Irno Valley, west of the Picentini mountain range, near the springs of Irno river. The village is urbanistically contiguous, almost fused, with the village of Bolano; and other nearest settlements are Baronissi, Penta, Sava and Orignano. It spans on two parallel main roads: Via Tenente Nastri, representing the old town center, and Via del Centenario, the northern urban expansion. North of it is located the locality of Macchione.
Part of the urban area of Salerno (11 km far), it is 2 km from Corticelle, 4 from Fisciano and the University of Salerno, 4.5 from Mercato San Severino and Gaiano, 6 from Calvanico and 30 from Avellino. The faculty of medicine of the University, located in the suburbs of Sava, lies just outside Bolano.
The village is crossed by the RA 2 motorway Salerno-Avellino, and is served by the exit "Lancusi-Baronissi Nord". Fisciano railway station, part of Salerno-Mercato San Severino line, is located south of it, at the end of Via Nastri.
- (in Italian) Lancusi at italia.indettaglio.it (see the data of "parrocchia" -parish church-)
- (in Italian) Lancusi (with data including Penta and Bolano) at italia.indettaglio.it
- Info and history of Lancusi on the municipal website
- 1586327447 Lancusi on OpenStreetMap
- (in Italian) University of Salerno: Faculty of Medicine
- 1598002300 Fisciano railway station on OpenStreetMap
Media related to Lancusi at Wikimedia Commons