Lana Anthony Kane
Lana Anthony Kane, known simply as Lana, is a character in the American animated comedy series Archer. For the first four seasons, she is the top female special agent of the intelligence agency ISIS (International Secret Intelligence Service), working at the agency's main headquarters in New York City. After ISIS is shut down by the FBI, Lana takes on new roles as an unlicensed P.I. and nightclub dancer.
|Lana Anthony Kane|
|First appearance||"Mole Hunt"|
|Created by||Adam Reed|
|Portrayed by||Aisha Tyler|
night club performer
|Family||Lemuel Kane (father)
Claudette Kane (mother)
Ms. Kane (sister)
Abbiejean Malory Kane-Archer (daughter)
|Significant other(s)||Sterling Archer (Child's father/love interest)
Cyril Figgis (ex-boyfriend)
Joshua Gray (ex-boyfriend)
|Children||Abbiejean Malory Kane-Archer (daughter)|
Lana has aspirations for advancement as a master spy and has considered positions offered by ODIN, both at their international headquarters and as Regional Director for the Americas, although her strong leftist views often cause friction between her and her job.
As a child Lana was highly pressured by her parents, who were both college professors, to succeed. She was so nervous about going to science fairs that it led to her throwing up in the car. Lana got her job as an ISIS agent during a protest at a local furrier. She was about to throw red paint on Malory Archer's new fur when Malory pointed her gun at Lana's forehead. The rest of the protestors fled, including Joshua Gray, but Lana was not intimidated. Malory, impressed by her nerve, offered Lana a job. Three weeks later she was on her first mission in Tunisia "killing a different man," referencing that she restructured her priorities from being a college protester (sticking it to "the man") to whom she is now.
Lana comes off as an dominate, powerful or strong willed women who doesn't take crap from almost everybody.
Lana is one of the most recognizable characters from Archer because of her stunning good looks and body.
Lana has large hands for a woman. Ridiculing her for this characteristic is one of many long-running jokes on the show, with such comments as "man hands" or "shovels".
Despite having a great disdain for Archer, Lana shares the closest connection with him of all the characters. They're frequently partnered together on missions, and despite all the stuff he put her through, she still considers him a friend (Heart of Archness: Part III). However, it is obvious to any Archer addict that Archer and Lana care for each other deeply.
During a firefight, both Archer and Lana reveal they are each other's beneficiaries should they die. Lana stated she was going to change that, but it's unknown if she did. Lana showed great concern for Archer when he was diagnosed with breast cancer (Stage Two) and spent the night with him out of pity. After Archer found out his cancer medication was fake, Lana begrudgingly accompanied him in his "rampage",[disambiguation needed] serving as his cameraman and chauffeuse.
Lana began contemplating having a baby in Season 4. After Archer saves her from falling to her death when she slips off a building, she decides to ask him to be the sperm donor, but she changes her mind once he begins acting like his typical self (The Honeymooners). During a mission to stop a radical[disambiguation needed] environmentalist marine biologist from blowing up Sealab, Lana discloses that she is pregnant, angering Cyril because he isn't the father and prompting Archer to sacrifice his scuba gear and drown so that they could escape.
- Seidman, Robert (January 27, 2010). ""Archer " Returns for Season 2, Here's a Season 1 Ratings Recap". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 27, 2010.
- Owen, Rob (2009-11-17). "Preview: 'Archer' crude but clever". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- Gilbert, Matthew (January 14, 2010). "‘Archer’ is a sly, witty spy cartoon for adults". Boston Globe. The New York Times Company. Retrieved March 21, 2017.
- Tucker, Ken (March 9, 2012). "Archer (2012)". Entertainment Weekly. Time, Inc. Retrieved June 3, 2016.
- Reed, Adam (January 17, 2010). "Mole Hunt". Archer. Season 01. Episode 01. FX.
- Natalie Abrams (June 21, 2016). "Archer renewed for three more seasons on FX". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved January 4, 2017.
- Lawrence, Derek (September 30, 2016). "Archer creator says the FX comedy will end after season 10". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved October 2, 2016.
- "FX Official Site: About the Show". FX. Retrieved December 8, 2009.