Adam Brooks Reed (born January 8, 1970), is an American animator, voice actor, screenwriter, producer, and television director. Reed created and wrote FX's adult animated comedy series Archer, which premiered in September 2009. He was also a voice actor, writer, director and producer for the cartoons Sealab 2021 and Frisky Dingo, which he co-created with Matt Thompson.
Adam Reed at San Diego ComicCon
|Born||Adam Brooks Reed
January 8, 1970
Asheville, North Carolina, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill|
|Occupation||Animator, voice actor, writer, producer, director|
|Notable work||Sealab 2021, Frisky Dingo, 12 Oz. Mouse, Archer|
Reed graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1992. Reed and frequent collaborator Matt Thompson started out at Cartoon Network doing various odd jobs as production assistants, until they came up with their own show called High Noon Toons in 1994. High Noon Toons was a 3-hour programming block of cartoons hosted by cowboy hand puppets Haas and Lil' Jo (a Bonanza pun). While working on this show, Thompson and Reed were often drunk and the two eventually got reprimanded for lighting one of the prop sets on fire.
Voice acting rolesEdit
High Noon ToonsEdit
- Lil' Jo
- A cartoon version of John Miller, who also wrote for Sealab 2021
- Doctor Virjay, the station's East Indian doctor
- Various other characters
- Xander Crews, the show's main "hero"
- Killface, the show's main "villain"
- Ronnie, an Xtacle who has a homoerotic fixation on Xander Crews
- Wendell Stamps, the maniacal, homicidal assistant of Killface
- Nearl, Xander Crews' intellectually disabled twin brother
12 oz. MouseEdit
- "North Carolina, Birth Index, 1800-2000," index, FamilySearch), Adam Brooks Reed, 1970". Familysearch.org. Retrieved 2016-01-09.
- Atlanta Magazine, Oct. 2005, pg. 140. Books.google.com. October 2005. Retrieved 2014-05-29.