The Lakson Group (لیکسن گروپ) is a Pakistani conglomerate company which is based in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. It was founded in 1954 and is owned by the Lakhani family. The conglomerate is based in Karachi and currently chaired by Iqbal Ali Lakhani.
|Founder||Sultan Ali Lakhani |
Iqbal Ali Lakhani
|Headquarters||Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan|
|Iqbal Ali Lakhani (chairman)|
The company is diversified and has interests in agri-business, call centers, consumer non-durables, fast food, financial services, media, paper and board, printing and packaging, surgical instruments, technology (data-networking, BPO, and software) and travel.
Lakson Group of Companies edit
- Cybernet, internet, and data communication network service provider
- StormFiber, Internet, and television service provider
- Sybrid (Private) Limited, business process outsourcing
- Lakson Business Solutions Limited, IT provider
- Ice Animations, VFX, and animation
- Express News, Urdu-language TV news channel
- Express 24/7, English- 24-hours TV news channel (now closed down)
- Express Entertainment, Urdu-language Entertainment channel
- The Daily Express, No. 2 Urdu daily in Pakistan
- The Express Tribune, English-language newspaper
- Century Publications, incorporated in 1998, publishes Urdu and Sindhi daily newspapers Express and Daily Sindh Express
- Tribune 24/7, English- 24-hours TV news channel
Financial Services edit
- NayaPay, digital wallet and payment system.
- Century Insurance Company Limited, general insurance business
- Lakson Investments Limited, Pakistan's largest independent asset manager
Paper & Board edit
- Century Paper and Board Mills Limited, producer of packaging boards in Pakistan
- Merit Packaging Limited, printing and packaging company
Lakson Group joint-ventures edit
Lakson Group has alliances with the following major international companies:
- Colgate-Palmolive Pakistan, manufacture and sale of detergents, personal care, and other related products in Pakistan
- McDonald's Pakistan, 53 restaurants in major cities of Pakistan
- Ajinomoto Lakson Pakistan (Private) Limited, produces seasonings, cooking oils, TV dinners, sweeteners, amino acids, and pharmaceuticals
- Princeton Travels (Private) Limited, an IATA accredited travel agency and an active member of International travel forums like ASTA, PATA, UFTAA & TAAP
- Fly Jinnah, a joint venture between Lakson Group and Air Arabia. It adopts the low cost model similar to that of Air Arabia.
See also edit
- Company Overview of The Lakson Group on bloomberg.com website Retrieved 31 January 2019
- "Greater than Rs1 billion: The best performing mutual funds". The Express Tribune (newspaper). 9 April 2016. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- "Company Structure: Lakson Group". lakson.com.pk. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- "State Bank of Pakistan grants EMI License to NayaPay". www.nayapay.com. Retrieved 12 September 2021.
- "State Bank of Pakistan grants EMI License to NayaPay". www.dawn.com. Retrieved 12 September 2021.
- "'Fly Jinnah': Pakistan's Lakson Group, Air Arabia to start new low-cost airline". DAWN.COM. 3 September 2021. Retrieved 13 September 2021.