Lai Tak Tsuen
Lai Tak Tsuen (Chinese: 勵德邨) is a public housing estate at 2 – 38 Lai Tak Tsuen Road, Tai Hang, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong. Built in 1975, it is one of the first public housing developments in Hong Kong. It was the second self-funded rental project of the Hong Kong Housing Society. The housing estate was named after a Hong Kong government officer, Michael Wright, who had served the Government of Hong Kong for more than 30 years.
|Lai Tak Tsuen|
Lai Tak Tsuen
|Category||Subsidized Housing: Rental Unit|
|No. of blocks||8|
|No. of flats||2677|
The Hong Kong Housing Society announced its plan to build the housing estate in January 1969. Its construction was originally planned to be finished in 1972, but was delayed by a landslide. As a result, the first building, Tsuen Wing Lau, was completed in May 1975. The rest was completed in 1976.
The housing estate was an award-winning design in the 1970s.
From 2002 to 2005, Lai Tak Tsuen was one of the ten public housing estates with the lowest average volume of waste produced; hence, it was commended in the Waste Reduction Credit Scheme organised by the Hong Kong Housing Authority.
The estate consists of three houses, i.e. high-rise blocks of flats, with 2,677 flats.
The population of the housing estate is currently 11,140. Other than residential blocks, the estate also provides carparks, shops, market stalls, a kindergarten, a children's centre, a youth centre, an elderly centre, a library, basketball court and a children's playground.
Lai Tak Tsuen consists of three buildings:
- Lai Kit Lau (勵潔樓) which is at 38 Lai Tak Tsuen Road,
- Tak Chuen Lau (德全樓) which is at 36 Lai Tak Tsuen Road and
- Tsuen Wing Lau (邨榮樓) which is at 16 Lai Tak Tsuen Road .
Two of the buildings, Lai Kit Lau and Tak Chuen Lau, in Lai Tak Tsuen are Hong Kong's only public rental buildings having bicyclindrical design.
Lai Tak Tsuen Bus TerminusEdit
There is a bus terminus outside Lai Kit Lau with the following routes:
Lai Tak Tsuen Road, opposite to Tak Chuen LauEdit
At Tak Chuen Lau, Lai Tak Tsuen, is served by the following routes:
- 23B, 25A, 26, 41A, 81, 108
Lai Tak Tsuen Road, outside Tsuen Wing LauEdit
At Tsuen Wing Lau, is served by the following routes:
- 23B, 25A, 26, 41A, 81, 108.
Public light busEdit
Green Minibuses are also available around Lai Tak Tsuen:
- Lai Tak Tsuen (勵德邨), Hong Kong Place. (in Traditional Chinese)
- Lai Tak Tsuen Archived 27 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine, Film Services Office.
- Housing Society Today:Feature Story(Issue 20, December 2002)
- Waste Reduction Credit Scheme 2002–2005
- "Architecture from Ghost in the Shell in Hong Kong". The Foreign Architect. Retrieved 2 November 2018.
- Lai Tak Tusen, Hong Kong Housing Society
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lai Tak Tsuen.|