Lagos Terminus railway station
|Inter-city & Commuter rails|
OSM map of the station. In the upper left corner is shown its position (the black dot) within the urban area of Lagos
|Location||Murtala Muhammed Way|
Iddo Island, Lagos, Lagos State
|Operated by||Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC)|
|Connections||Lagos Metro (under construction)|
The station, located in front of Carter Bridge and by the Lagos Lagoon, has a large two floor terminal building. It counts also a pair of train sheds: one located just outside the station platforms and a larger one located 2 km north, nearby Lagos Yaba station.
Lagos station is the terminus of commuter and long distance trains, as for example the flagship express train to Kano, in north of Nigeria and 1,126 km far from Lagos. A standard gauge high-speed line, connecting Lagos to Abuja, has been planned in early 2010s, as part of the development plan of the Nigerian railways.
- Lagos Terminus on Panoramio
- See map
- "Lagos-Kano rail link keeps death off the roads". Radio France Internationale. 28 August 2013.
- "KPMG: Nigeria's High-speed rail is 'World Class'". The Cable. 18 December 2014.
- "LAMATA Rail Services official site". Archived from the original on 1 December 2016. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
- "Lagos Metro: map and infos". urbanrail.net.
Media related to Lagos Terminus at Wikimedia Commons