|• mayor||Josep Ramon Bellaubí Caballer (2019)|
|• Total||108.4 km2 (41.9 sq mi)|
|Elevation||269 m (883 ft)|
|• Density||52/km2 (130/sq mi)|
There are important celebrations every year in September in honor of Our Lady of Pallerols.
In 1937 a military airfield was built by the Spanish Republican Air Force. Its location was chosen due to its strategic position, equidistant of the then republican cities of Barcelona and Valencia (for defensive purposes) and the then nationalist Zaragoza and Mallorca island (for attack purposes). The airfield was first used by the Spanish Republican Air Force. In 1938 it was captured by the rebels. Franco offered the airfield to Hitler, who sent the Condor Legion, composed of Luftwaffe's airplanes and pilots. They used it during the rest of the Spanish Civil War. The airfield was abandoned shortly after the war was over.
La Sénia experienced an economic boom during the 1990s as the local industries producing furniture profited from the real estate bubble in Spain. The town is now suffering much as a consequence of the late-2000s recession. La Sénia is part of the Taula del Sénia free association of municipalities. The Ulldecona Dam is located close to La Sénia.
- Els Plans, 31
- La Sénia, 6,148
Twin towns — Sister citiesEdit
- "Ajuntament de la Sénia". Generalitat of Catalonia. Retrieved 2019-08-30.
- "El municipi en xifres: La Sénia". Statistical Institute of Catalonia. Retrieved 2015-11-23.
- "Municipal Register of Spain 2018". National Statistics Institute. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- La Senia Town Hall - Types of aeroplanes which were in the aviation field Archived 2011-07-06 at the Wayback Machine
- Els fabricants de mobles demanen un pla per reconvertir el sector - Diari de Tarragona
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to La Sénia.|