LSC Communications is an American multinational commercial printing company based in Chicago, IL, United States. The company was established in 2016 as part of a corporate spin-off from RR Donnelley. It owns the publishers Research & Education Association and Dover Publications.
|Traded as||NYSE: LKSD|
S&P 600 Component
(from corporate spin-off)
|Headquarters||191 North Wacker Drive|
|Thomas Quinlan III, CEO|
Number of employees
In 2017 and 2018, LSC made several purchases, including TriLiteral LLC (a book distributor owned by Harvard University Press, MIT Press, and Yale University Press), Donnelley Logistics (former parent RR Donnelley's logistics business), logistics company Fairrington Transportation, Creel Printing, Publishers Press, envelope producer Quality Park, and logistics company Clark Group.
In November 2018, Quad/Graphics announced they would be purchasing LSC in an all-stock deal. The purchase is expected to double Quad's business overall, primarily in magazines, catalogs, retail inserts and books.
On June 20, 2019 the Department of Justice issued a press release indicating that it would sue to block the proposed purchase of LSC Communications by Quad. 
- "LSC Communications, Inc.: Private Company Information - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
- "About Us - LSC Communications". www.lsccom.com. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
- Bushey, Claire (9 November 2018). "Print deal would dethrone R.R. Donnelley as industry's No. 1". Crain's Chicago Business. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "LSC Buys TriLiteral; Turner Purchases Gürze Books". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2018-07-08.
- Michelson, Mark (19 July 2018). "LSC Communications Sells Its European Operations". Printing Impressions. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- Milliot, Jim (1 November 2018). "Quad/Graphics to Buy LSC Communications". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- Romell, Rick (31 October 2018). "Quad/Graphics could nearly double in size with $1.4 billion purchase of Chicago firm". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|