Quad (formerly Quad/Graphics) is an American printing company based in Sussex, Wisconsin. It was founded on July 13, 1971, by Harry and Elizabeth Quadracci. The company has 39 printing facilities in the United States, as well as facilities throughout Europe, Canada, and Latin America. Quad prints numerous magazines, including Businessweek, Time, Sports Illustrated, People, and Milwaukee Magazine (a title the company owns and self-publishes).
|Traded as||NYSE: QUAD (Class A)|
Russell 2000 Component
|Industry||Marketing & Advertising, Manufacturing|
|Founder||Harry V. Quadracci, Irwin Purtell|
|Headquarters||Sussex, Wisconsin, United States|
|Joel Quadracci, President and CEO|
|Products||multi-channel marketing partner (magazines, direct mail, SEO, marketing solutions, packaging/in-store)|
|Revenue||$4 billion USD  (2012)|
Number of employees
In July 2010, Quad acquired competitor World Color Press. In August 2010, the company announced that it would be closing five of its plants as part of a consolidation plan related to the acquisition of World Color Press. In November 2010, Quad, Inc acquired Commercial and Specialty Products Printer HGI Company.
In July 2011, Quad announced an asset swap with the Transcontinental Inc where Quad would acquire Transcontinental's Mexican assets along with its black and white book printing business for U.S. export in exchange for seven of Quad's Canadian facilities. The former Quebecor World plant in Aurora, Ontario is now a TC Transcontinental facility.
On January 16, 2013, Quad announced that it completed its acquisition of Vertis Holdings, Inc.
On July 12, 2019, Quad announced it was closing its 220,000-square-foot printing plant in Midland, Mich., and laying off the plant's 300 employees. The company said it would hold a career fair to help employees find other jobs and that they would be eligible to transfer to Quad's other printing plants.
- "Quad Completes Acquisition of Vertis". Retrieved 2013-01-18.
- "Quad/Graphics". Fortune. Retrieved 2019-01-25.
- "Quad/Graphics North American print production facilities". Quad Graphics. Retrieved 13 July 2011.
- "Quad/Graphics To Acquire WorldColor Press Release". Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- "Quad/Graphics Begins Plant Consolidation Phase of Integration Plan". Retrieved 2010-08-06.
- "Quad/Graphics Acquires Commercial and Specialty Products Printer HGI Company". Market Watch. Retrieved 8 November 2010.
- "Quad/Graphics to Acquire Mexican Printing Assets From and Sell Canadian Assets to Transcontinental Press Release". Retrieved 2011-07-13.
- Milliot, Jim (1 November 2018). "Quad/Graphics to Buy LSC Communications". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- Bruell, Alexandra. "Quad/Graphics to Buy Ad Agency Periscope for $132 Million". WSJ. Retrieved 2018-11-29.
- Kukulka, Mitchell (12 July 2019). "Midland Quad Graphics location announces closure". Midland Daily News. Retrieved 8 August 2019.