Kumaun University is a state university headquartered in Nainital, Uttarakhand, India. Kumaun University consists of three campuses at Almora, Nainital and Bhimtal; 35 affiliated government colleges; and an almost equal number of affiliated self-financed private institutions spread across the Kumaun region.
|Chancellor||K. K. Paul|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. D. K. Nauriyal|
|Location||Nainital, Uttarakhand, India|
This section does not cite any sources. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kumaun University has been awarded FOUR Stars status by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
Kumaun University is an ISO 9001–2008 certified institution, which follows International Quality Management System.
The teaching and research activities are being carried out in both the residential campuses and affiliated colleges of the university.
- Faculties of Arts
- Faculties of Science
- Faculties of Commerce & Management
- Faculties of Education
- Faculties of Law
- Faculties of Medicine
- Faculties of Technology and Visual Arts
- Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
UGC-Academic Staff CollegeEdit
The UGC-Academic Staff College, Kumaun University, Nainital was sanctioned by the UGC, New Delhi on 10 October 2006 and started its first orientation programme on 12 February 2007. In addition to conducting orientation programmes and refresher courses, the UGC-ASC undertakes a number of innovative extension activities.
UGC-ASC Nainital also conducted short-term courses (2–6 days) for the senior faculty and professional development programme for non-teaching staff.
- "Universities in India (statewise)". fctworld.org.
- "Kautik Student Film FestivalKautik Student Film Festival - Cinematic Illusions". cinematicillusions.com. Retrieved 2017-06-02.
- "Student Film Festival Start at Nainital 15860212". jagran.com. Retrieved 2017-06-02.
- "UGC-HRDC Nainital | UGC-Academic Staff College homepage". ascnainital.org. Retrieved 2017-06-02.