The Kulim District is a district and town in the state of Kedah, Malaysia. It is located on the southeast of Kedah, bordering Penang. The town of Kulim, a mere 27 km (17 mi) east of Penang's capital city, George Town, also forms part of Greater Penang, Malaysia's second largest conurbation.
|Local area government(s)||Kulim Municipal Council|
Kulim Hi-Tech Industrial Park Local Authority
|• District officer||Mohamad Che Nai (Since 31 May 2013)|
|• Total||765 km2 (295 sq mi)|
|• Density||360/km2 (920/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (MST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+8 (Not observed)|
|Vehicle registration plates||K|
|Granted municipality status||2001|
|• President||Roaizad Rashid (Since November 2006)|
The Kulim’s independence clock was officiated by the Sultan of Kedah (15 September 1957) and serves as the unofficial landmark for the city of Kulim. The construction of the clock was completed within 3 months and upon completion 1833-1888 Capital States Kedah : Kulim, was made formalized by DYMM Tuanku Sultan Badlishah Ibni Almarhum Yang Di Pertuan Paduka Seri Sultan Abdul Hamid Shah, KOM, CMG, KBE Sultan Kedah on 15 September 1957, or 2 weeks after the declaration of independence of Malaysia (31 August 1957).
- Bagan Sena
- Kulim Town
- Padang China
- Padang Meha
- Sidam Kanan
- Sungai Seluang
- Sungai Ular
Kulim District is administered by Kulim Municipal Council.
- Ismail Omar, formerly the 9th Inspector General of Royal Malaysian Police, currently Malaysian ambassador to France.
- Gary Steven Robbat, professional football player for Johor Darul Takzim F.C.
- Suppiah Chanturu, professional football player for Johor Darul Takzim F.C.
- Muhammad Akram Mahinan, professional football player for Johor Darul Takzim II F.C.
Federal Parliament and State Assembly SeatsEdit
List of Kulim district representatives in the Federal Parliament (Dewan Rakyat)
|Parliament||Seat Name||Member of Parliament||Party|
|P17||Padang Serai||Karuppaiya Muthusamy||Pakatan Harapan (PH)|
|P18||Kulim - Bandar Baharu||Saifuddin Nasution Ismail||Pakatan Harapan (PH)|
List of Kulim district representatives in the State Legislative Assembly (Dewan Undangan Negeri)
|Parliament||State||Seat Name||State Assemblyman||Party|
|P17||N33||Merbau Pulas||Siti Ashah Binti Ghazali||PAS|
|P17||N34||Lunas||Azman Bin Nasrudin||Pakatan Harapan (PH)|
|P18||N35||Kulim||Yeo Keng Chuan||Pakatan Harapan (PH)|
- "Profil Daerah Kulim" (PDF) (in Malay).
- "Population Distribution and Basic Demographic Characteristics, 2010" (PDF). Department of Statistics, Malaysia. Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 May 2014. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- primuscoreadmin (30 December 2015). "Latar Belakang".
- primuscoreadmin (30 December 2015). "Profil YDP".
- "TABURAN PENDUDUK MENGIKUT PBT & MUKIM 2010". Department of Statistics, Malaysia. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- Kulim’s Background Archived 2010-04-08 at the Wayback Machine, Laman Web Rasmi Majlis Perbandaran Kulim (Official Website of Kulim Government). January 16, 2010.
- Kulim’s City Centre Archived 2010-10-31 at the Wayback Machine, Kulim’s Municipal council website-Kulim’s Background October 31, 2010.
- "Tan Sri Haji Ismail Bin Haji Omar" (in Malay). Royal Malaysian Police. Retrieved 5 May 2012.