|Kosken Tl kunta|
Location of Koski Tl in Finland
|• Municipal manager||Aimo Suikkanen|
|• Total||192.42 km2 (74.29 sq mi)|
|• Land||191.45 km2 (73.92 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.96 km2 (0.37 sq mi)|
|Area rank||265th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||250th largest in Finland|
|• Density||12.26/km2 (31.8/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||98.2% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||14.8%|
|• 15 to 64||58.9%|
|• 65 or older||26.3%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||19%|
It is located in the Southwest Finland region and was part of the former province of Western Finland. The municipality has a population of 2,348 (31 January 2019) and covers an area of 192.42 square kilometres (74.29 sq mi) of which 0.96 km2 (0.37 sq mi) is water. The population density is 12.26 inhabitants per square kilometre (31.8/sq mi).
Tl in the name means the former province of Turku and Pori (Finnish: Turun ja Porin lääni). It was attached to the name to distinguish Koski Tl from another municipality named Koski, Koski Hl (Hl for the former province of Häme, Finnish: Hämeen lääni). Koski Hl was renamed Hämeenkoski in 1995 but Koski Tl has not changed its name.
Koski Tl is unilingually Finnish.
Hämeen Härkätie runs through Koski and it crosses the Paimio River in the center of Koski. The church of Koski Tl is designed by architect Toivo Paatela and it was completed in 1935. There is also an observation tower near the highest points of Hevonlinna ridge and Hevonlinnanjärvi.
Yrjö Liipola Art Museum is exhibiting Yrjö Liipola's art collection.
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Koski Tl at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Koski Tl – Official website (in Finnish)
|This Western Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|