Kool FM (Malaysia)
Kool FM is a Malaysian private radio station owned by Media Prima Berhad, which broadcasts in the Malay language. It was launched on 1 March 2016 and targets listeners from the country's Generation X, with songs being played mostly from the 1980s and 1990s, but it also includes some songs from the early 2000s including songs from 2010s. It is the fourth radio station of the Media Prima company after Hot FM, Fly FM and One FM. Based on what are they playing, the name is based on the band Kool and the Gang.
|Broadcast area||West Malaysia and Kuching Sarawak Only (But Kool FM Does Not Broadcast In Kota Kinabalu Sabah).|
|Slogan||Temanmu · Muzikmu (Your Friend · Your Music) (2016-2019)|
Suara Semasa (Current Voices) (2020-current)
|Format||Talk radio, Hot adult contemporary|
|Owner||Media Prima Bhd. (Kool FM Radio Sdn Bhd)|
|Hot FM, Fly FM and One FM|
First air date
|1 March 2016|
The radio station is based on the acquisition of Copyright Laureate Sdn. Bhd. in October 2015, which owns Ultra FM and Pi Mai FM.
On 6 January 2020, Kool FM have changed the radio format into talk radio (but not fully all-news radio format unlike Bernama Radio) with the new tagline Suara Semasa, with providing current issues such as social and community, and various talk shows and infotainment programmes while retaining the same announcers and plays 80s, 90s and current songs.
- AG Azmeer
- Haiza Hanafi
- Muaz Mohamed
- Ezul Iju
- Shah Sulaiman
- Anne V Ibrahim
- Andy Hakim
- Liza Khairudin
- Ezaq Kamil (moved to Manis FM)
- Linda Onn
|Frequencies||Broadcast area||Transmitter site|
|101.3 MHz||Klang Valley and Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan||Bukit Sungai Besi|
|107.3 MHz||Alor Setar, Kedah and Kangar, Perlis||Alor Setar Tower|
|90.2 MHz||George Town, Penang and Taiping, Perak||Bukit Penara|
|93.6 MHz||Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu||Bukit Besar|
|88.6 MHz||Kota Bharu, Kelantan||Peringat|
|104.3 MHz||Kuching and Kota Samarahan, Sarawak||Bukit Djin|
Kool FM also available online at dengar.koolfm.com.my.*
- "New radio channel Kool.FM targets Gen X listeners". TheHive.Asia. The Malay Mail. 2 March 2016. Retrieved 4 May 2016.
- Awaina Arbee (1 March 2016). "Kool FM to play songs from the 80s and 90s". New Straits Times. Retrieved 4 May 2016.
- Rezwana Manjur (4 March 2016). "Media Prima launches fourth radio station". Marketing Interactive. Retrieved 4 May 2016.
- "Media Prima buys two radio stations!". Marketing Magazine. 5 October 2015. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- Serimah Mohd Sallehuddin (3 January 2020). "Kool FM fokus isu semasa, sosial dan komuniti". Berita Harian. Retrieved 3 January 2020.