Kabirah Kafidipe is a Nigerian film actress, director and producer. She is popularly known as “Araparegangan” for her role in Saworoide, a 1999 Nigerian film produced and directed by Tunde Kelani.
|Known for||Dazzling Mirage |
The Narrow Path
The White Handkerchief
Kafidipe was born on July 29. A native of Ikereku, a town in Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun State, southwestern Nigeria. She attended Abeokuta Grammar School where she obtained the West Africa School Certificate before she proceeded to Olabisi Onabanjo University, where she received a bachelor's degree in Mass communication.
Kabirah's first film appearance was in The White Handkerchief, a short film adapted from The Virgin, a debut novel of Bayo Adebowale, produced and directed by Tunde Kelani but came into limelight when she featured in Saworoide, a 1999 Nigerian film that starred Kunle Afolayan, Peter Fatomilola, Kola Oyewo, Yemi Shodimu. She later featured in a 2004 Nigerian film, titled The Campus Queen, The Narrow Path, a 2006 film that starred Sola Asedeko, Beautiful Nubia, directed by Tunde Kelani and produced by Mainframe Films and Television Productions. Her lead role in Iwalewa, a 2006 Nigerian film fetched her the Africa Movie Academy Awards of Best Actress in a Leading Role. She starred in Dazzling Mirage, a 2014 Nigerian drama film, produced and directed by Tunde Kelani; it stars Kunle Afolayan, Bimbo Manuel, Yomi Fash Lanso, Taiwo Ajai Lycett. She produced a film titled, Bintu which was premiered in R & A Hotel at Opebi in Ikeja, Lagos State.
|The White Handkerchief||Tunde Kelani||1999|
|The Campus Queen||Tunde Kelani||2004|
|The Narrow Path||Tunde Kelani||2006|
|Iwalewa||Aisha and Kabirah Kafidipe||2006|
|Dazzling Mirage||Tunde Kelani||2014|
- Latestnigeriannews. "Why Khabirat Kafidipe is scared of Nigerian men". Latest Nigerian News.
- "Ayo Mogaji, Kafidipe for Awoyes Premiere". Modern Ghana.
- "Nigerian men scare me –Khabirat Kafidipe". The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper. Archived from the original on 2015-04-11. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "MEN IN NIGERIA ARE OPPORTUNISTS----KABIRAT KAFIDIPE". nigeriafilms.com. Archived from the original on 2015-04-18. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- agboola. "When pages flip to inhabit screens". Weekly Trust.
- Coker, Onikepo (4 May 2007). "Africa Celebrates Film Industry at AMAA 2007". Mshale Newspaper. Minneapolis, USA: Mshale Communications. Archived from the original on 3 March 2012. Retrieved 5 April 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "AMAA Awards and Nominees 2007". African Movie Academy Award. Archived from the original on 12 October 2010. Retrieved 5 April 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Victor Akande. "Tunde Kelani's Dazzling Mirage premieres today". The Nation.
- Daily Times Nigeria. "Daily Times Nigeria". Archived from the original on 8 November 2014. Retrieved 5 November 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "We will celebrate Bintu home and abroad –Kabirah". The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper. Archived from the original on 2015-04-08. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)