Kentucky Route 100
Kentucky Route 100 (KY 100) originates at a junction with U.S.. Highway 68/KY 80 in Russellville in Logan County. The route continues through Simpson County, Allen County and Monroe County to terminate at a junction with KY 90 near Waterview in Cumberland County.
KY 100 highlighted in red
|Maintained by KYTC|
|Length||95.404 mi (153.538 km)|
US 68 Bus. in Russellville
| US 31W in Franklin|
I-65 near Franklin
US 31E / US 231 near Scottsville
|East end||KY 90 near Waterview|
|Counties||Logan, Simpson, Allen, Monroe, Cumberland|
Kentucky Route 100 was one out of many charter state highways when the statewide system of state highways began in the late 1920s into 1930. Its original western terminus was located near downtown Russellville, and its eastern terminus was originally located about 3 miles (4.8 km) west of Burkesville on KY 90. It originally went through unincorporated small communities such as Leslie and Arat.
However, at some time between 1945 and 1958, KY 100's final few miles and its eastern terminus were both rerouted to its current location with another intersection with KY 90 at Waterview, further west of Burkesville. KY 1205 and most of KY 691 are the current designations for the original KY 100 ending. The remaining parts of the original alignment in western Cumberland County are either no longer existing (especially the originally unpaved section) or it still does, but is now maintained by the Cumberland County Road Department.
In 2015, KY 100's western terminus was re-located to end at the crossroads intersection with U.S. Route 68 and US 68 Business on the east side of Russellville. This was done to reduce car accidents at the original west terminus, which was also where US 79's northern terminus was originally located.
US 68 Bus. west / US 68 / KY 80
|Western terminus of KY 100|
|Simpson||Middleton||10.242||16.483||KY 103 north||Southern terminus of KY 103|
|Franklin||18.734||30.149||KY 1008 east||Western terminus of KY 1008|
|US 31W north / KY 73||Northern end of US 31W concurrency|
|US 31W south||Southern end of US 31W concurrency|
|22.874||36.812||I-65 – Nashville, Louisville||I-65 Exit 6|
|Allen||||KY 585 west (Old Franklin Road)|
|Scottsville||41.717||67.137||US 31E / US 231|
|43.903||70.655||KY 101 north||Southern terminus of KY 101|
|44.204||71.139||KY 98 east||Western end of KY 98 concurrency|
|Holland||52.669||84.763||KY 99 south||Northern terminus of KY 99|
|Monroe||Fountain Run||58.960||94.887||KY 98 west||Eastern end of KY 98 concurrency|
|Gamaliel||72.992||117.469||KY 63 south to KY 87||Western end of KY 63 concurrency|
|Tompkinsville||KY 163 north / KY 63 north||Western end of KY 163 concurrency; Eastern end of KY 63 concurrency|
|KY 163 south||Eastern end of KY 163 concurrency|
|Cumberland||Waterview||95.404||153.538||KY 90||Eastern terminus of KY 100|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
Kentucky Route 100 TruckEdit
|Location||Franklin, Simpson County|
|Length||3.418 mi (5.501 km)|
Kentucky Route 100 Truck (KY 100 Truck) is the truck route of KY 100 in Franklin, in Simpson County. It follows the KY 1008 beltway bypassing downtown Franklin to the south. This includes the first 3.418 miles (5.501 km) of KY 1008.
- Commonwealth of Kentucky. "Official DMI Route Log". Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "Scenic Byways".Caves, Lakes, and Corvettes. Kentucky Department of Tourism. Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- Kentucky Department of State Highways (September 15, 1939). Road Map of Kentucky (PDF) (Map). c. 1:760,320. Frankfort: Kentucky Department of State Highways.
- Kentucky State Highway Department (1958). Cumberland County Highway Map (PDF) (Map) (1958 ed.). Cartography by State-wide Highway Planning Survey. Frankfort. §§ C1 and C2.
- Kentucky State Highway Department (1991). Cumberland County Highway Map (PDF) (Map) (1991 ed.). Cartography by State-wide Highway Planning Survey. Frankfort. §§ IV.
- Kentucky State Highway Department (2006). Logan County Highway Map (PDF) (Map). Cartography by State-wide Highway Planning Survey. Frankfort. §§ IV.
- "State Primary Road System in Allen County" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-04-09. Retrieved 2007-05-04. (29.9 KB)
- "State Primary Road System in Cumberland County" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-06-29. Retrieved 2007-05-04. (13.6 KB)
- "State Primary Road System in Logan County" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-06-15. Retrieved 2007-05-04. (35.9 KB)
- "State Primary Road System in Monroe County" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-04-09. Retrieved 2007-05-04. (21.1 KB)
- "State Primary Road System in Simpson County" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-04-09. Retrieved 2007-05-04. (21.4 KB)
- KY 100 at Kentucky Roads
|This Kentucky road or road transport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|