This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in Polish. (April 2010) Click [show] for important translation instructions.
Brigadier General Kazimierz Gilarski (7 May 1955 in Rudołowice – 10 April 2010 in Smolensk) was a Polish military figure and Commander of the Warsaw Garrison. He was among the passengers killed in the 2010 Polish Air Force Tu-154 crash.
Honours and awardsEdit
He was awarded several top Polish civil and military awards:
- Commander's Cross of the Order of Polonia Restituta (2010, posthumously); Officer's Cross (2008), Knight's Cross (2004)
- Gold Cross of Merit (1999), Silver Cross (1991)
- Silver Medal in the Service of the Armed Forces of the Fatherland (1988)
- Gold Medal for his contribution to national defense (1998)
- Gold Medal Guardian Memorials National (2008)
- Badge of Honour "Bene Merito" (2009)
- Grand Officer of the Order of Merit (Portugal) (2008)