Kawanishi-Ikeda Station (川西池田駅, Kawanishi-Ikeda-eki) is a passenger railway station located in the city of Kawanishi, Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan. It is operated by the West Japan Railway Company (JR West). There is a transfer at this station for Kawanishi-Noseguchi Station.
|Location||2-chōme-7 Sakane, Kawanishi-shi, Hyōgo-ken 666-0021|
|Coordinates||34°49′39.5″N 135°24′48.23″E / 34.827639°N 135.4133972°ECoordinates: 34°49′39.5″N 135°24′48.23″E / 34.827639°N 135.4133972°E|
|Owned by||West Japan Railway Company|
|Operated by||West Japan Railway Company|
|Line(s)|| Fukuchiyama Line |
(JR Takarazuka Line)
|Distance||11.0 km (6.8 mi) from Amagasaki|
|Platforms||2 island platforms|
|Structure type||Ground level|
|Status||Staffed (Midori no Madoguchi )|
|Opened||12 December 1893|
|Previous names||Ikeda (to 1951)|
Kawanishi-Ikeda Station is served by the Fukuchiyama Line (JR Takarazuka Line), and is located 11.0 kilometers from the terminus of the line at Amagasaki and 18.7 kilometers from Osaka.
The station consists of two ground-level island platforms serving four tracks, connected by an elevated station building. The station has a Midori no Madoguchi staffed ticket office.
|1, 2||■ Fukuchiyama Line (JR Takarazuka Line)||for Takarazuka and Sanda|
|3, 4||■ Fukuchiyama Line (JR Takarazuka Line)||for Amagasaki, Osaka and Kitashinchi|
|Fukuchiyama Line (JR Takarazuka Line)|
|Itami||Regional Rapid Service||Nakayamadera|
|Itami||Tambaji Rapid Service||Nakayamadera|
Kawanishi-Ikeda Station opened on 12 December 1893, as Ikeda Station (池田駅) of the Hankaku Railway, which was nationalized in 1907. It was renamed to its present name on 1 August 1951. With the privatization of the Japan National Railways (JNR) on 1 April 1987, the station came under the aegis of the West Japan Railway Company.
Station numbering was introduced in March 2018 with Kawanishi-Ikeda being assigned station number JR-G54.
In fiscal 2016, the station was used by an average of 19,771 passengers daily
- Kawanishi-Noseguchi Station (Hankyu Takarazuka Main Line/Nose Electric Railway Myoken Line)
- Kawanishi City Central Library
- Toyo College of Food Technology
- Kawanishi Municipal Kawanishi Elementary School
- ^ 兵庫の鉄道全駅 JR・三セク [All stations in Hyogo Prefecture] (in Japanese). Kobe Shimbun Shuppan Center. 2011. ISBN 978-4-343-00602-8.
- ^ "近畿エリアの12路線 のべ300駅に「駅ナンバー」を導入します！" ["Station numbers" will be introduced at a total of 300 stations on 12 lines in the Kinki area!]. westjr.co.jp (in Japanese). 20 July 2016. Archived from the original on 16 November 2022. Retrieved 30 December 2022.
- ^ "「駅ナンバー」一覧表" ["Station number" list] (PDF). westjr.co.jp (in Japanese). 20 July 2016. Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 November 2022. Retrieved 30 December 2022.
- ^ 養父市統計書 [Hyogo Prefecture Statistical Yearbook] (in Japanese). Japan: Hyogo Prefecture. 2018. Retrieved 11 August 2021.
- Ishino, Tetsu; et al., eds. (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory – JNR/JR] (in Japanese). Vol. II. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. pp. 126–127. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
- Kawanishi-Ikeda Station from JR-Odekake.net (in Japanese)