Kato Acharnes railway station
Kato Acharnes (Greek: Σιδηροδρομικός Σταθμός Κάτω Αχαρνών, romanized: Sidirodromikos stathmos Kato Acharnai) is a station in Agioi Anargyroi, West Athens. This station open 27 February 2014 first opened to Suburbal Railway trains on 30 July 2004. It owes its name to the area of Kato Acharnes, and is located next to Merimna Square.
|Location||Konstantinoupoleos, Acharnes 136 75, Athens|
|Line(s)||Piraeus–Platy railway Athens Airport–Kiato railway|
|Opened||27 February 2014|
Lines and ServicesEdit
The lines that converge in the junction are:
- The main Piraeus–Platy railway line from Piraeus to Oinoi , and Chalcis .
- The Athens Airport–Piraeus railway line connecting Athens International Airport and East Attica with the port of Piraeus.
- The Piraeust–Kiato railway line connecting Kiato and East Attica (like Magoula, Aspropurgos, Ano Liosia) with the Athens Urban Area and the port of Piraeus.
|Platform 1||← towards Athens (Pyrgos Vasilissis)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Platform 2||→ towards Airport (Metamorfosi) →|
|Ground level||Customer service||Exits/Tickets|
- "OSE - 2017 Network Statement Annexes".
- "2013 railway timetable Athens Airport-Kiato" (PDF). Proastiakos. Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 July 2013. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "2013 railway timetable Piraeus-Chalcis" (PDF). TrainOSE. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 January 2014. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
|This article about a Greek railway station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|